Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 27/09/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup 3rd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

54 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

What a game, after expecting a difficult one against fellow promotion chasers. Back in the days when Citeh were ordinary eh? What a player and what a season. Happy memories.

One of my favourite seasons - us, Man City, Sheffield Wed and Chelsea fighting for promotion. 

Sat in the Crows Nest and was joined at my table by a couple of Jocks, one late 40’s the other late 50’s. They asked where do the away fans drink. Anywhere really, i replied, there’s no set pubs, why? We want to stab a few of the cunts?

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Pedro, Waddle and Keegan, man. 

And not too far in to the future we would have Gazza. Probably the foundations of a first division title challenging team.

Edited by Rafalove

10 minutes ago, LordJake said:

Sat in the Crows Nest and was joined at my table by a couple of Jocks, one late 40’s the other late 50’s. They asked where do the away fans drink. Anywhere really, i replied, there’s no set pubs, why? We want to stab a few of the cunts?

wtf?! 

It's probably the first match since Sheff Wed where I'm not too fussed of the result. I'll be looking forward to watching it, hoping to see some newer / less familiar faces involved, and obviously would like to see us win and play well, but I'll definitely be more relaxed watching it, and much less pressure than usual.

As Craig Hope said on his recent video, it kind of is win-win. If we win then we will have had a bit of a scalp and a big favourite would have been knocked out, but if we don't then we can concentrate on elsewhere including two massive matches at SJP in the next 7 days

I guess Chelsea away would have been similar on the final day.