Newcastle United vs. Paris Saint-Germain - 4/10/23 @ 8:00pm (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

33 minutes ago, Laviofies said:

Can't wait to reach 02:00 AM to watch Newcastle playing at SJP for Champions League game. Work has been good today, now only need to enjoy spaghetti and pizza later for dinner and enjoy the night.

WTF is THAT shit

Setting off soon, been waiting since I was a kid to see a Champions League game in the flesh with us. Should be arriving about 1-2ish. Anywhere recommended before? Usually just sit in the Strawberry for a few hours before the game. Must say for how busy it gets, you get served very quick. 

12 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Setting off soon, been waiting since I was a kid to see a Champions League game in the flesh with us. Should be arriving about 1-2ish. Anywhere recommended before? Usually just sit in the Strawberry for a few hours before the game. Must say for how busy it gets, you get served very quick. 

Different strokes…. but I like the Bridge Hotel, Castle Garth. Good beer, lots of chatter, and great views out the back (particularly good if you indulge in a tab or two—talking cigarettes here, young folk). 

So excited for today , bringing back my memories of Juventus and Barca, incredible happy days they were and here we are again.

The biggest club competition on the planet is here again and the biggest player in the world steps out and we take them on with my bonny lads .

Howay the lads , get into the surrendering fuckers 🤣

What a day ahead 

I'm absolutely gutted. I thought the game was on last night so had everything lined up to watch at home to myself, then had my wtf moment when it clicked why I couldn't find it on TV at start of game when reading this thread :lol: 

I've agreed to go cinema to watch fucking Expendables 4 with my girlfriend and her dad for his birthday, which basically runs parallel to the game tonight. :anguish:

I feel so stupid.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

I'm absolutely gutted. I thought the game was on last night so had everything lined up to watch at home to myself, then had my wtf moment when it clicked why I couldn't find it on TV at start of game when reading this thread :lol: 

I've agreed to go cinema to watch fucking Expendables 4 with my girlfriend and her dad for his birthday, which basically runs parallel to the game tonight. :anguish:

I feel so stupid.

This is a devastating turn. I’d be seriously considering pulling a sickie 

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I feel so stupid.

Surely any reasonable significant other would let you bail on that. :lol:

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

I feel so stupid.

No, going to the cinema is bad enough, going to the cinema to see that shit over our 1st CL home game in 20 yrs. shake your head man and ready that excuse. Even if it’s “I’m watching the match” [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Any updates on road closures tonight? The Redheugh Bridge rumours true?

The following roads will be closed for the (PSG) parade between approximately 5.15pm to 6.15pm on Wednesday:

Bigg Market – between Pudding Chare and Grainger Street;

Grainger Street – between Bigg Market and Blackett Street;

Blackett Street – between Grainger Street and Newgate Street;

Gallowgate - between Newgate Street and St James’ Boulevard;

Gallowgate southbound – between St James’ Boulevard and Strawberry Place;

Barrack Road southbound – between Strawberry Place and entrance into St James’ Park.

Edited by FCB

Just now, FCB said:

The following roads will be closed for the (PSG) parade between approximately 5.15pm to 6.15pm on Wednesday:

Bigg Market – between Pudding Chare and Grainger Street;

Grainger Street – between Bigg Market and Blackett Street;

Blackett Street – between Grainger Street and Newgate Street;

Gallowgate - between Newgate Street and St James’ Boulevard;

Gallowgate southbound – between St James’ Boulevard and Strawberry Place;

Barrack Road southbound – between Strawberry Place and entrance into St James’ Park.

So all the talk of the Redheugh being closed between 5 and 8 is untrue?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

So all the talk of the Redheugh being closed between 5 and 8 is untrue?

As far as I know, haven't seen owt mentioned online or on the shiticle

Nevermind, just seen on twitter - think it's just a heads up to the road closures above

Edited by FCB