Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

I don't like the music afterwards, wouldn't mind so much if they waited 5 minutes and allowed some natural post-game atmos first. 

Southampton at home in the cup semi was the worst, the ref had barely raised the whistle to his lips and we had Doris fucking Day blaring out with the volume turned up to 11, proper shite.

34 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Cleery seems to have improved a bit since his True Faith days but he still comes across as smug and self satisfied and is fairly irritating. He's like a North Eastern version of Simon from the inbetweeners. 

I can see how people could think that, didn’t realise he was on TF. 

I just find his explanations of things are easier to understand and just a bit more engaging than the deadpan dullness of Tifo irl. I like that that actually have clips rather than dots and still images, makes concepts a lot easier to follow. 

22 hours ago, Comegetasample said:

Liverpool fan taking it well.

"If you’ve just landed back in the country from Mars, Newcastle haven’t won fuck all. They haven’t won the Champions League, or even the UEFA Intertoto Cup. They’ve won a football match. A group match. They’re not through to anything but the TV darlings are deserving everything.
And they waved their plastic flags and they had a nice little Hello Hello  and they took their shirts off and they won a match. And they reckon their atmosphere is the best and the superlatives haven’t stopped and they did a lap of honour.
If you didn’t see the noisy PSG fans who kept shouting for their team throughout, they were stuck up in the Gods because Riyad United don’t like competition. They don’t like a level playing field and in fact they haven’t got one.
They’re at the same point we were probably in 1965 .The Racket that was produced by the Kop during the the Inter match can’t even be compared to their manufactured boistrous plastic flag waving last night.
 True they showed passion and that was to be expected but they’re like teenagers on a first date. Like the Bluenoses in their famous European night against Bayern Munic back in 1985.
 And if they’re teenagers on a first date, then we’ve been married to the competition for nearly 60 years. It’s hard for our lot to get aroused in the group stages, but beejeesus, nobody needs to teach us about passion on  the big nights. There’s no place like Anfield.
When this lot have got a few European scalps to their name and have played some important semi-finals and finals , and there’s no doubt they will with all the money they’ve got, we’ll see  what St James’s Park is like for the group stage games.
Bless them. They’re excited.  But remember, the daft gets have only won a group stage match. How can we be jealous of this lot"

Christ, what a prontonising cunt.

15 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Having just watched the highlights again for the 12th time, Almirons finish is top class. Had a lot to do and made it look easy.

The easy play would’ve been to first-time it off his right foot. So of course he runs around it to smack it back across goal with his left, with perfect placement. Guy’s a lunatic and I love him for it.

Edited by Deuce

Don’t think I’ll ever get over Uncle Ray losing his shit for Schar’s goal. 

That goal, too. My word. Trailing away from him, fully stretched to connect for a perfect curler into the top corner. Slamming the book shut on a stellar performance from the lads.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We've sang "Geordies" to that for at least 25 years like. 

And Man City fans have sang it for just as long.

And it feels like every team is playing it now. Noticed Brentford did it the other week too

29 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Christ, what a prontonising cunt.

I think the Liverpool fan in question has got serious issues with a) us, b) the world in general, and c) himself.

Edited by Bally21

18 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

But we have won fuck all. Stupid shit.

A double negative wasn't it?

Fitting since that's the scouse attitude generally.

Edited by Jonas

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

And Man City fans have sang it for just as long.

And it feels like every team is playing it now. Noticed Brentford did it the other week too

Brentford started it decades ago. 

I used to absolutely hate that under Pardew and others when the loudest 'get in' you'd ever hear was from one of our players slide tackling it out for a throw in.

I absolutely love it now, it's one of the things Howe's harnessed into a thing that the crowd consciously do more, knowing that it gets the team right up for it, and crucially it's just a small part of the things that get cheered because the team more than meet their end of the bargain when it comes to giving the crowd things to cheer on. Brilliant. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

16 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Having just watched the highlights again for the 12th time, Almirons finish is top class. Had a lot to do and made it look easy.

At this point, I have to admire his flat out refusal to even attempt to do anything with his right foot :lol:

To place it into the far corner with his inside left from that angle makes it so much harder. 

33 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I used to absolutely hate that under Pardew and others when the loudest 'get in' you'd ever hear was from one of our players slide tackling it out for a throw in.

I absolutely love it now, it's one of the things Howe's harnessed into a thing that the crowd consciously do more, knowing that it gets the team right up for it, and crucially it's just a small part of the things that get cheered because the team more than meet their end of the bargain when it comes to giving the crowd things to cheer on. Brilliant. 

It also must be unsettling for the opposition. Knowing each mistake out wide taken out is going to get a wall of sound confirming you've been done.

12 minutes ago, Wilson said:

At this point, I have to admire his flat out refusal to even attempt to do anything with his right foot :lol:

To place it into the far corner with his inside left from that angle makes it so much harder. 

He has trained his left foot to also be able to function as a right foot when required.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse