Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

1 minute ago, Menace said:

People look too much into stats. Our xG and possession was really poor but I felt like we were in complete control from the beginning tbh. Them playing tiki taka with their back 4 will obviously skew the statistics.

Yeah, I agree.

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Well that was fucking mint. Anyone got a spare programme? Wanted one for the bairn but they’d sold out outside the east stand at 19:00???

Same here waited for fucking ages then a wife came to say they'd sold out

Gutted haha

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

That's the greatest atmosphere I've witnessed inside the 52k SJP. Unreal. Everyone was up for it and it had a weird cup final feeling to it.

I've never been so moved, like. Every fucking tackle the crowd roared. They made the PSG lot shit their pants 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Mostly when we were up though and allowing them a bit more possession to consolidate.

We were never really under any real pressure.

Yeah, it was never difficult to watch but we hardly had the ball in the second half.

Was feeling nervous at times from around 70 mins but PSG created so few quality chances. They just couldn’t handle us and weren’t ready to play us. Just burst out laughing when Schar scored and started a round of “Geordie boys taking the piss”

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

My god, can't believe that just happened.

One of the great nights.

No matter how class we become, this will always rank up there.

I said to the bairn on the way out that he’ll be telling people he was there in 10,20,30 years.

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I've only seen clips of that Carragher, Richards and Henry show they do and it looks absolutely banterriffic

Couldn't watch a whole show

It does sometimes get a little heavy on the banter and fake laughter. But a lot of the time is much calmer analysis, it's often a great show. But agreed it's better to just watch the clips

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I've never been so moved, like. Every fucking tackle the crowd roared. They made the PSG lot shit their pants 

A few of them looked like they were shitting their pants during the CL theme tune when the crowd noise almost drowned it out. I think that was the point when I thought we could win this.