Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

Apologies I know I went to far earlier re Carver sorry for the offence

My favourite moment of the match yesterday was when Shearer popped up on the screen a couple of times and people chanted for him

Just about coming down from this now

Thx to NO for match updates as that was my commentary (bloody work 🤬

Got home for one of the neighbours to tell me he thought someone had been murdered…..it was the young lad celebrating the third and fourth……😂😂😂😂😂

I had a little peruse through their forum (thanks to Google chrome) and found loads about the game itself, nothing about what they thought of the trip itself. Anyone see anything. 

I did hear one lad after the game being asked what he thought and he said he was surprised and was going to bring his girlfriend for a weekend. The accent made it hard to decide if he was taking the piss, being diplomatic or whatever.

Edited by madras

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Was Hakimi even that bad? By his own standards he didn’t have a great game but it wasn’t utter shit 

I thought he looked a class act tbh. 

Fair enough giving Zairean-Emery their MotM, but outside of that I would say only Hernandez and Hakimi looked better than poor.

But that’s what Eddie’s press does to teams…

It's decent, but only JJ seems to understand that bad performances don't happen in a vacuum and that a big part of our game is forcing teams to play badly or play at a ridiculously high level of speed and precision (see the Brighton 3-1) to get through us.

Harsh on Hakimi. Don't think AG got past him many times, if any. He didn't contribute a lot offensively Hakimi but good defensively overall. At least not such a low rating. I thought Gordon was very good off the ball as well as in possession but didn't do too much on top of that.

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's decent, but only JJ seems to understand that bad performances don't happen in a vacuum and that a big part of our game is forcing teams to play badly or play at a ridiculously high level of speed and precision (see the Brighton 3-1) to get through us.

Im pretty certain that JJ is a Newcastle fan so likely actually watches us often.