West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 8/10/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

It's all about the emotional hangover and whether there will be one. Can't blame them if so because we've just had a life-defining night that we'll never forget.

1-1.

What about West Ham’s emotional hangover from playing *checks notes* erm Freiburg? 

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

Flush them like a turd lads. Hopefully Joelinton is back, Anderson should start as he’ll be fairly fresh 

I quite like West Ham actually lol They always have a good word for us to be fair and have a few West Ham mates. 

Anyway yes hopefully Joelinton and Wilson back but with hamstrings if it’s touch and go with an international break here they may er on the side of caution. Anderson will surely start but it will be interesting to see how he shapes the midfield and attack. I think the back four stays the same unless he decided to give Livramento a start at right back. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Capable of winning it but I'd be happy to take a draw, keep our unbeaten run going, and regrouping with a few players back for Palace.

Yeah it’s a tough match for very different reasons particularly given everything that’s gone into last night. Mind if Wilson and Joelinton are back then I’d still be fairly confident. Would take a draw too though. The difference now with Lascelles playing so well, Livramento as an option and Anderson looking so good is that the squad is starting to look much deeper.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

40 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I quite like West Ham actually lol They always have a good word for us to be fair and have a few West Ham mates. 

Anyway yes hopefully Joelinton and Wilson back but with hamstrings if it’s touch and go with an international break here they may er on the side of caution. Anderson will surely start but it will be interesting to see how he shapes the midfield and attack. I think the back four stays the same unless he decided to give Livramento a start at right back. 

Let Joelinton rest until after the international break - no point rushing him back for one game, let him have the three weeks off and attack the October/November UCL, PL and Carabao logjam.

Really hope Wilson can put in half an hour or so as a minimum here cos Isak ran himself into the ground last night as well as his bump on the noggin (not caused by bad babysitting).

Would imagine Murph comes in for Gordon or maybe Anderson plays wide? Not sure.

Sounds a bit negative but after the exertions of last night a point would be fine here. A win would be golden. I suppose they'll have played in Europe too so they could be even more tired than us with a day's less recovery to boot.

15 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Let Joelinton rest until after the international break - no point rushing him back for one game, let him have the three weeks off and attack the October/November UCL, PL and Carabao logjam.

Agreed I don’t think they’ll take any chances. If he plays though he’s obviously ok, same for Wilson.

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Agreed I don’t think they’ll take any chances. If he plays though he’s obviously ok, same for Wilson.

Worked out we have 7 games in 22 days between Palace on 21/10 and Bournemouth on 11/11. Ridiculous. Going to have to manage the squad really well.

IMG_0010.thumb.jpeg.1de8ba561b8e0ff22bb3b1c0c8639072.jpeg

Edited by Nucasol

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

We’re battle hardened not battle weary. We’ve just beaten Man City and Paris Saint Ger fucking main. Let’s do these “soft southern shandy supping bastards” ‘narl  :indi:

image.jpeg.97d9fccf6e491ea4cd96691f32c5d6aa.jpeg

image.jpeg.92e7d79d9bc08dcb290bcd4734eca6eb.jpeg

image.jpeg.5a1831b277db107b66c29450c45ccc25.jpeg

image.jpeg.409377522e0895b69529ef1a0c3579a4.jpeg

That 4-2 at West Ham. I hate Owen as much as anyone, but he was great in that brief spell he was fit when he first arrived, linking up with Shearer. Great memory that day (a weird first half of the season under Souness, it was overall miserable, but got great away memories at Blackburn, West Brom, West Ham - all where Owen and Shearer both scored)

Will be a really interesting team selection this, with Gordon, Wilson, Joelinton and potentially Miggy out. 

Pope

Trippier

Lascelles

Schar

Burn

Longstaff

Bruno

Tonali

Murphy

Isak

Anderson

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Will be a really interesting team selection this, with Gordon, Wilson, Joelinton and potentially Miggy out. 

Pope

Trippier

Lascelles

Schar

Burn

Longstaff

Bruno

Tonali

Murphy

Isak

Anderson

Thought Wilson and Joelinton were touch and go for last night? Are they confirmed out?