West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Have we literally not got anyone beyond Wilson and Isak to have in the bench rather than 10 full backs ?

Gordon. Who's not in the squad today after playing in every game so far.

6 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

The commentator on the stream I'm watching seems utterly incapable of telling our players apart and it's driving me mad. It's not even similar looking players. He though Lascelles was Isak and I think he thought Almiron was Tonali.

That one was so egregious I thought I'd imagined it when he didn't even have the balls to correct himself. :lol:

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

My biggest criticism of Howe is how he is basically allergic to changing systems. Generally I prefer a manager like that who is commited to his Plan A philosophy and imposing it on the opposition, but he takes it to the extremes. We barely ever even make minor adjustments.

Did switch to 4-2-3-1 quite a few times last season, tbf. 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

My biggest criticism of Howe is how he is basically allergic to changing systems. Generally I prefer a manager like that who is commited to his Plan A philosophy and imposing it on the opposition, but he takes it to the extremes. We barely ever even make minor adjustments.

Dont think we have much of a plan B or C when things like this happen thats something Howe needs to work on especially with squad depth and rotation. All the best coaches have the ability to switch systems if one is totally ineffective against the opposition

Really insipid half from both teams really and were it not for Pope's latest wandering calamity we'd be level.

I'd hook Tonali for Wilson, move Anderson inside, Isak wide left.

If we can rescue a point from this I'd be more than delighted but I wonder if our fitness levels might come into play later on and allow us to nick it if we can level before the latter stages.

4 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I thought our build up play has been decent but we've got nothing in the final third.

Yeah we've got around their box a few times with ease but then drawn blank, Isak skipping down the left got to the left side of the box and no one in support, ended up having to turn back on himself 3 or 4 times to try and keep the ball.

They will and have left gaps when they commit to the counter but without Gordon we've had no outlet and our slow recovery has given them far too much time to reset the block. Wondering if Murphy might be the better idea.