Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 28/10/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Why do they always put a variant of this fixture on TV? Genuinely absurd. It’s never been a good game.

Thing is in European weeks, there’s often not a lot of choice, other than leaving a slot empty.

Tomorrow they basically had to pick from:

Bournemouth v Burnley

Arsenal v Sheff Utd

Wolves v Newcastle 

Arsenal game potentially a bit one-sided and 37 people would have watched Bournemouth v Burnley.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Thing is in European weeks, there’s often not a lot of choice, other than leaving a slot empty.

Bournemouth v Burnley

Arsenal v Sheff Utd

Wolves v Newcastle 

Arsenal game potentially a bit one-sided and 37 people would have watched Bournemouth v Burnley.

Aye true. TBF there’s quite a bit riding on it for us 37 prospective viewers. Both teams gasping for a win.

16 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye true. TBF there’s quite a bit riding on it for us 37 prospective viewers. Both teams gasping for a win.

Agreed, but that (sadly) isn’t what drives the numbers these days is it?

Not exactly the same, but Man Utd’s ludicrous run of televised FA Cup games told us everything we needed to know about the criteria for choosing TV games.

20 minutes ago, SteV said:

Agreed, but that (sadly) isn’t what drives the numbers these days is it?

Not exactly the same, but Man Utd’s ludicrous run of televised FA Cup games told us everything we needed to know about the criteria for choosing TV games.

I know and tbf I’m not complaining as I’ll be able to watch it far easier. Just mad how these things always crop up, like us having to play at Woodison on a weeknight.

Am I the only one whos embedded twitter links are black with slightly darker black text? Almost Impossible to read. I know I can use the light theme but that makes the whole forum super bright instead :buck2:

10 hours ago, SteV said:

Bournemouth v Burnley

Arsenal v Sheff Utd

Wolves v Newcastle 

I guess they could have done what they usually do and had a Championship match on Friday night, Palace vs Spurs in the 5.30pm slot today and MNF instead of Coventry vs West Brom and the that would have given them a few more options, but both Liverpool and Brighton are at home on Sunday, so Wolves vs Newcastle is still probably the best pick in terms of both views and competitiveness.

Wolves are not doing too bad this season considering the difficult start they have had and the players they lost in the summer which is a credit to the manager.

We should still be beating teams like this if we have ambitions of a top four finish.

Tonali is a big miss for this obviously but we've got cover in CM to get us to January. Isak being out is much worse for us in the short term. Don't want Wilson having so much pressure being put on him to play 90 minutes every 4 days.

Fear for us here. This is where the games come thick and fast and we simply don't have the squad for it. 

They're decent and O'Neil has been underestimated by quite a few. Would love a win but I think we'll end up with a draw with those top 5 places just looking that little bit further away.

11 minutes ago, andycap said:

Dare I say it I'd love it if we still had chris wood available. Since he left we never brought in a replacement to help out when Wilson and isak have injuries. 

I get the point behind this and I know he scored two for Forrest but he isn't capable of playing pressing football. There's no way he's pressing their backline at the 75/80th minute. Atleast if you put Joelinton or Gordon up there they would 100% be doing their job.

A CM and striker would be great in January. But I think we'll probably only sign one player, unless one is able to come on loan ofcourse.

I’m largely confident we will do well here but wary over Gary O’Neil’s Tactical skills and they are at home. I assume they will press us hard and will give Bruno absolutely 0 time on the ball. Their quick wingers will look to attack our fullbacks. This has a Miggy and Wilson goal written all over it imho.  

37 minutes ago, andycap said:

Dare I say it I'd love it if we still had chris wood available. Since he left we never brought in a replacement to help out when Wilson and isak have injuries. 

No, you daren't!

:razz: