Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

Not happy at all with the contributions from Burn, Trippier and Almiron, they are messing up our passing moves, even Longstaff to a degree, not enough confidence in their own ability to hold the ball. Although Tripps can be excused as that's not usual for him.

Just now, JB said:

Trippier needs to be subbed at half time and rested in mid week and Burn will need similar, though he's not looked as tired. Don't think Eddie will change things that early however.

He's not having his best game but it would be madness to take Trippier off at half time

Honestly don't think there's a thing wrong with the penalty call. It's lucky because the punishment outweighs the crime enormously, just like Gordon's against Brentford, but both were very much won by our players. Fuck calling it lucky, we're Eddie's shithousing Mags.

6 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Fuckig hell man Goodman nearly spunked there but he's getting blue balled this time.

He’s fucking terrible, he can’t read a game. He either goes into with a pre-determined biased view, or he’s easily swayed by simple passing or scoring a goal even when it’s against the run of play as being an indication of the other team being dominant.

He did it in the Sunderland game either later last season or early this season where them and Hull were having spells where 1 team would would score, only for the other to immediately score as well. After each goal he said it had been coming because they have been utterly dominant.

Edited by Stifler

Just now, TRon said:

Not happy at all with the contributions from Burn, Trippier and Almiron, they are messing up our passing moves, even Longstaff to a degree, not enough confidence in their own ability to hold the ball. Although Tripps can be excused as that's not usual for him.

Trippier looks knackered, Burn has had a shocker.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Fuck sake, why is Burn so desperate to leave his man and run up the pitch. He leaves so much space in behind.

Its so annoying. Leaves tons of space, has NO speed to recover and on top of it all he provides literally nothing going forward. 

I'd prefer we go to a back 3 when we have the ball and have him just play LCB. Let trippier play as an inverted RB and help the midfield or feed Almiron. 

I love Burn but hes the player who frustrates me most. 6'7 LB who isnt the greatest 1on1 against a RW and offers 0 support for his LW ahead of him. He's saved by Jow and Gordon so many times because they are two of the most responsible players tracking back. Not to mention Schar or Botman sliding out to tackle his man on a throughball.

Edited by Sufi

Just now, worthy said:

Pope is the actual worst sweeper keeper. Honest to god. Fantastic shotstopper, but thats not the first time he has just had a huge brainfart coming out.

He’s not like, his sweeping has saved us on a number of occasions and I can think of three occasions where it’s either cost us or should have cost us a goal. On balance, it’s not perfect by any means and I do think his decision making has been extremely hit and miss since the Salah red card but it’s an important part of how we play and it does save us some goals as well