Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

The undercurrent is always that Man Utd etc. are inherently deserving and other thus clubs aren't. This seam of conservativeness within so much of football punditry and media boils my piss. They talk about the romance of the plucky underdogs but they only want that occasionally.

Man Utd won a trophy last season. Cry me a river.

10 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

The range of reactions from "I don't feel anything anymore" to "Nuke the whole club". [emoji38] Honestly not too long ago being a Newcastle fan had the same vibe.

“Out of cup. Fewer games to play. Fewer games to watch. Fewer games to agonise over”

“This was a second string Newcastle and we needed a reaction. Completely unacceptable”

“This might be one of the most embarrassing results we’ve had in the last 10 years.

From my Newcastle supporting mate before the game (he thought they were throwing the game away):

“Our back 4 and goal keeper combined have played like 10 games in a year”

“Livramento and Krafth have 2 games in 2 years between them”

The fact that we lost 3-0 against this, at home, is frankly so pathetic I can’t even put word”

[emoji38]

I must be the only one that winces at the knee slides - your cruciates lads your cruciates! 

Man United have an easy run of games now where (hopefully) they’ll do well enough that this circus limps on. The last thing you want to see is them acting to fix their problems 

2 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Why is losing to Newcastle Utd often the final straw for so many teams eh.

Not been able to score a goal against our 3rd choice center backs might have something to do with it 

6 hours ago, Charlies said:

Always like this lasses videos on us, first time I’ve seen her react to us beating her team. She’s more than fair and makes some valid points. 

🎶 Here comes the bride…🎶

IMG_7395.jpeg.3120b449006c80cf828acf0a69f75f6c.jpegThey’ll have lovely kids. Who probably will support Chelsea. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Crazy game and result. Watched it in the Stretford end. Fair play, we wanted it so much more than them. Livramento’s got to find his way into the team soon. 

He'll get games but unless we turn him into the right-sided Gareth Bale he'll rightly be behind Trippier for now. Some going that we've got probably 2 of the best 5 right-backs in the league, both at different ends of their careers though. Mad. 

Hye. I don't know where to post this so I hope it's ok to.say it in this thread. I was on redcafe just now and on there, they have a 'feature' on the match thread where there are links to when the goals were scored. So for example, I click on the link for Almiron's goal, it will lead me to the post in the match thread the moment the goal went in. So it's easier to find and read when they started their meltdown.

I don't know whether we have such feature on here. Maybe we do so I do applogise if I have overlooked it. But if we don't, and maybe if it's doable, I'd like to suggest it for our forum here as I and probably others can't or don't follow our match threads during games. So when I try read back after a game, it's a bit hard finding the pages when goals went in for example. Think we had a decription like 'Post-match reaction from page 40' or something like that on thread titles after games were over but even that has slightly disappeared nowadays.

Again, sorry for posting this in this thread but hope mods do notice my suggestion. 

Edited by nufcjb

9 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I didn’t see any of the game last night due to being out of the country but what a fantastic result! How did Willock play?

Really well, took his goal brilliantly and got a good 65 minutes or so in his legs. A big cog in the wheel of a great performance and result

Edited by Bimpy474

well done, underestimated our B line up before the game and certainly overestimated how much United wanted to bounce back after their big derby loss. huge performance.

Hall and Livramento has to get more chances in PL too, they are ready.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

I didn’t see any of the game last night due to being out of the country but what a fantastic result! How did Willock play?

He was different class last night, causing all sorts of problems on the left side in the first half, his goal was the icing on the cake. 

Buzzing to have him back in the side!