League Cup Quarter Final - Chelsea (a) -19/12/23 @ 8pm (live on SkySports)

Dubravka

Krafth Lascelles Burn Hall
Miley Bruno Longstaff
Livramento Wilson Gordon

Subs: Karius, Gillespie, Trippier, A Murphy, Dummett, Botman, Ritchie, Almiron, Isak.

Edited by NSG

2 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Isak and Murphy I'll give you. Joelinton played like 7 games in a row before he was injured again :lol:

Not sure I'd even give Murphy 

If we operated immediately he would still have spent the same length of time out injured, by playing him all we did was move the period he was out for slightly further along

It's not like if we operated on him he would be back sooner so trying to get him to continue without surgery was hardly a big risk

6 hours ago, Chris_R said:

They're not going down and they're almost certainly not getting Europe.

Surely a cup win is worth more than finishing 9th instead of 10th? I know what I'd prefer as a fan.

I don't think they will, but surely they will be confident that they have a real chance at it? They are 7 points off of 6th, but things can change so quickly.

I do think that they will submit a strong lineup tomorrow though..

Edited by Erikse

4th and even 5th spot looks tougher with every week that goes by. Ofcourse that could change in January with some new signings but unlike last season I'm leaning towards thinking perhaps this is the year to go for the domestic cups fully and just be content with Europa League next year.

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

4th and even 5th spot looks tougher with every week that goes by. Ofcourse that could change in January with some new signings but unlike last season I'm leaning towards thinking perhaps this is the year to go for the domestic cups fully and just be content with Europa League next year.

2 seasons to this. What sorcery is it that this is our new consolation baseline. Happy daze. Over the distance the only way is up. :indi:

12 hours ago, Beth said:

Isak, Willock, JoeL and Murphy were all brought back too soon, and we are paying the price for it now.

You know that for certain then, are you privy to all the medical information and see them in training day in day out? That’s a tongue in cheek comment really and it’s fine to have a pinion obviously, it’s just that injuries are complex and unless we know all the details you can’t say definitively. I would agree the injury crisis has meant players have played for more often than Howe would probably have liked but they have specific fitness tests to complete before matches so I highly doubt Howe is risking players injuries.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

7 hours ago, Erikse said:

I don't think they will, but surely they will be confident that they have a real chance at it? They are 7 points off of 6th, but things can change so quickly.

I do think that they will submit a strong lineup tomorrow though..

QFs / SFs is usually when the big boys start playing something like full strength teams.  I’m fully expecting Chelsea to field a strong line-up - and hopefully we will too.

Game could go either way of course - but I think we’ll do it.  And if Liverpool are put out by West Ham - which isn’t a ridiculous notion - suddenly we’d be favourites with the bookies to win a trophy for the first time since 1996 (as far as I can recollect - don’t remember us being the favourites for owt in the intervening years).