Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 4/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

45 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Because it solves a few "problems" in one go - get Livramento into the side, replaces Burn with a better player who is perfectly capable of playing LB. Personally don't see it happening as I think we'd lose something without Tripps' delivery on the right, but it's hardly outlandish.

We lose a massive part of our game taking Trippier away from right back. 

just play Livramento LB if people are wanting Burn out the side. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Alternatively play Tino up the pitch as a RW with Tripp at RB.  I could see that working. 

11 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Sure, I agree on the whole, but the counter argument to that is that he's able to be creative from the left, and Livramento has looked dangerous surging forward on the right. Like I said on balance I don't think I'd be doing it, but it's not a wild suggestion. 

27 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Sure, I agree on the whole, but the counter argument to that is that he's able to be creative from the left, and Livramento has looked dangerous surging forward on the right. Like I said on balance I don't think I'd be doing it, but it's not a wild suggestion. 

Mate I agree with you can we not fall out over this please?

I am not a fan of the Trippier to LB stuff but it would be slightly more credible against Arsenal as they are not the biggest team.

People tend to ignore Burns ability in the air esp at set pieces, if Burn is out you’ve only got the two CBs and Wilson (if he’s playing) as players really strong in the air. Joelinton and slightly surprisingly Willock are decent beyond that there’s not much.

Against any side that plays 3 CBs or just has a bit of height in midfield you want 4 players who have the height to defend corners (to mark the 1 big striker and 3 CBs / 2 CBs and whoever else is big)

4 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Arteta running his mouth about time wasting again. He’s such a dislikeable bloke 

His are sticks out too much, and it's made worse as he always wears really tight pants.

Or maybe his pants are so tight because his arse sticks out too much? Hmmm.

1 hour ago, tgarve said:

Burn is vital to our defence

guy has had multiple good games this season

Multiple good games this season isn’t the wildest endorsement I’ve ever heard.  He’s been decent defensively overall but clearly can’t contribute consistently going forward, which in today’s game is half a full back’s job.