Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 4/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Dan Gleebals said:

There was a video of the lads coming back in after the game yesterday, and Bruno did appear to be grimacing a bit!  Hopefully noting.  Did wonder why we had to bring him on personally.  

He posted on Instagram last night, someone stood on his foot and there was a hole in his boot. It's probably just that.

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Think Howe mentioned that they used the second half for fitness as it’s a hard task coming into a tough fixture like this “cold” as it were.

Mind blowing that we were able to do that in the 2nd half. Just casually bring people on to keep them ticking over as we cruise to a 3-0 win at Old Trafford :lol: shit like this reminds me just how far we've come, so quickly 

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta on facing Newcastle: "It's one of the toughest places to go and win. We have done that before and it's nothing new to us."

On Newcastle boss Eddie Howe: "Huge credit to him. He has transformed the club, environment and atmosphere. I give huge compliments to him for the job he has done.

"The way his team plays and the environment he's created is great. He's had a lot of support and now they are big contenders."

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Schar is doubtful, has been “under the weather “ according to Howe.

A left side of defense consisting of Dummett and Burn against Saka is going to be fun :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'd 100% play Hall for this. Think he's best placed to cope with Saka. I know it won't happen, and there's a reason I'm not a premier league manager though :lol:

Got to disagree here. Hall has been excellent with his distribution but vulnerable to diving in and having 1-2s played round him. In time he will be coached to improve his defending but I wouldn't want him up against Saka / Odegaard. BDB, with help, gets my nod.

1 minute ago, morpeth mag said:

Got to disagree here. Hall has been excellent with his distribution but vulnerable to diving in and having 1-2s played round him. In time he will be coached to improve his defending but I wouldn't want him up against Saka / Odegaard. BDB, with help, gets my nod.

Hall would be massively helped out by Joelinton and Gordon mind if he did start. 

19 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Dummett is an excellent 1 on 1 defender tbf

Gets forgotten about because his technique as a footballer is so poor but his defending positionally at LB was always incredible and his decision making 

29 minutes ago, 54 said:

Is it just me that thinks Arteta is really arrogant? After their mid-week loss he said 'we will use this to beat Newcastle' after our win Eddie said 'we have to back this up with a good performance against Arsenal'. 

Backhanded with the 'he's had a lot of support and now they are contenders'. He spent 150m over the summer. The majority of our summer budget is in hospital or on the naughty step.  

Assuming fitness I can't imagine Howe will move away for his most standard back four. I'd be very surprised if it's not:

Pope

Trippier  Lascelles   Schar    Burn

Longstaff       Bruno      Big Jow

Miggy           Wilson         Gordon

Of course Willock played well Wednesday and he is ex-arsenal so may have an extra point to prove - I think Howe does consider stuff like that - but he's only just back so I imagine he'll be on the bench.

Tough game this one - they were a clear level above us last season and I think still are. But at home, I reckon fairly similar odds for all 3 outcomes. Maybe draw most likely.

Hopefully Big Jow has one of his games where he harnesses the power of Grayskull. We can beat anyone when he's on one.

Edited by Checko
Spelling