Bournemouth 2-0 Newcastle United (11/11/23)

Yorkie

Positives: Miley looks quality. Pope is a really good goalkeeper.

Negatives: Everything else!

Main problem is the same things that affects us a lot: We're just not a very good possession team. Everything's built around quick transition. But when we need to take pressure off or just get up the pitch we struggle. If we end up sitting back we then can't get out, can't do quick passing and interplay, particularly in the middle, so we end up constantly trying to look for quick out balls with isolated one player up top.

If Longstaff and Willock want to be England players they need to start taking charge of games like this. Our 17 year old first time starter looks far more accomplished. We need real technical ball quality in the middle of the pitch. A few nice touches here and there isn't enough. They need to start trying to run games.

They style we're playing, think we'd be better off going more 442 with say Big Joe and Gordon up top. Would give us far more threat cause we have nothing right now. Or go more 4231 with Willock behind the striker and 2 cms deeper to control posession more.

Hopefully Eddie puts a rocket up their backside.

Here's to a better second half!

:lol: I love the man, don't get it twisted. But fucking hell Hall off over Trips is a madness tonight. He's (understandably) absolutely spent, man. And tbh I don't get the number of posts I passed first half saying Hall had been poor. 

Edited by wormy

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

45 mins of mostly torture followed by literally 15 mins of torture watching Micah Richards making a tit out of himself with that shit car advert 

I wouldn’t bad mouth him if I were you. At the rate things are going, we’ll need him to suit up for us pretty soon.