Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

This will likely sound stupid, especially so close to the decision, and it's a right kick in the teeth, but at least it has caused a moment / talking point, and will likely increase the clubs profile, if throughout Europe are saying it's an awful decision. I thought the CL was possibly going to pass us by after those 2 Dortmund defeats, very tough match to come (tonight) and a real chance we would have been guaranteed 4th tonight if we had a routine loss, but hopefully this sense of injustice will spur us on.

I hope that makes a tiny bit of sense.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s a lovely story but it wasn’t a pen so it’s fairly irrelevant. 

I agree, it doesn't make what I said wrong though :lol: it's not exactly a scathing criticism to say we rode our luck a bit in the second half and could have done with calming down a bit, we were clearly nervy. 

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Proud of the performance but it did feel like the goal was coming, wish we'd had the composure to get a hold of it and settle, I think it was mainly nerves rather than fatigue. The pen came from Bruno chipping it out of play instead of a simple pass to Gordon, it's moments like that which cost you at this level sadly. 

Draw is good enough though. Beat Milan and you never know, Dortmund still have top spot to play for. 

Nerves more than fatigue? Really!? Almiron was limping from the first half still. Isak was running on empty and probably shouldn't be playing 60 mins nevermind 90. Miley is a 17 year old kid who's never played anywhere near a game as intense as this. Gordon ran his bollocks off as usual.

When we had our energy first half we more than matched them.

If we had a bench there then we could have done the same 2nd half

:lol: at the people complaining about us not being able to keep up our pressing and attacking play.

Just take up watching a different sport if you're too thick to understand this one on even the most basic level.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I agree, it doesn't make what I said wrong though :lol: it's not exactly a scathing criticism to say we rode our luck a bit in the second half and could have done with calming down a bit, we were clearly nervy. 

Half nerves/lack of composure, half shagged.

I think Isak was told to play within himself in the second half too. Last thing we need is him being out for 6 weeks again. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But why are they even asking him to look? Even the act of asking him to review the decision implies to him that he’s made a mistake. Why can’t they just look at the video and say it’s clearly not a pen? 

I wonder how many refs shirk the difficult calls on an initial basis, relying on VAR to stop play and call them over. It clearly wasn't a pen, but without a doubt the pressure from the home stadium and PSG players got to the ref.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

I guess regardless of the rules, how can they give the Livramento one and not the Miley one? They really make it very difficult not to shout corruption at this bullshit.

Think it was just that it was the 3rd penalty shout. If it was corruption they would have "blown" on one of the other two.

Just now, Disco said:

Half nerves, half shagged.

I think Isak was told to play within himself in the second half too. Last thing we need is him being out for 6 weeks again. 

He barely moved second half after that early chance. The way Howe kept pulling him over made it look like he was being very heavily managed.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

:lol: at the people complaining about us not being able to keep up our pressing and attacking play.

Just take up watching a different sport if you're too thick to understand this one on even the most basic level.

Seen top teams defend like that away in the champions league ffs

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Once they ask him to go over I don’t really blame him. A full stadium are calling for the penalty. You’ve said no. Now your colleague thinks you’re wrong.  

Going over is a waste of time. 98% of the time they change their mind. 

Imagine manning a world cup final and being that much of a cuck tho