Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

3 hours ago, GavMcEl said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but if PSG draw way dortmund, and we beat Milan we go through on the head to head ? 

Yes and this will happen. PSG will be robbed either by an unfair decision against them or late in the match by a controversial penalty awarded to Dortmund. 

God is a poet and a comedian. 

I'm very proud. We played really well and we are still in it. I believe. 

Love the class from Eddie in the post match interview. 

We are alive and we will go through. PSG definitely wont win away in Dortmund. Our fate is still very much in our own hands.

Thought we were great - though I honestly was expecting the equaliser the moment that the mysterious EIGHT mins of stoppages came up (I don’t think we always help ourselves on that one - the obvious time wasting by Pope seems to lead to excessive punishment on time added).  The pen was ridiculous, of course - but I’m still happy with a point. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

PSG were absolutely shite again BTW.  They should have been out of sight - irrespective of our heroics.  Chance after chance they wasted. 

The finishing by PSG was pretty horrendous. Isak missed one that was an absolute chance early also but they missed like 5 without counting them. Eddie seemed to admit in a post game interview they (PSG) missed alot of chances.

What an effort though, just beat Milan.

As an American, I've watched sports with replay for most of my life. There is no comparison to how horrific the calls are that VAR make time after time. There is absolutely no consistency to any decision. 

I don't understand what the difference is between the one penalty not given to the one given. Both bounce off a body part and hit the arm. I have no doubt they felt the pressure of the French crowd and gave in like the cowards they are.

It's a tough one. But this is just the first step into a young team that will keep getting better. 

I'd be interested to hear the discussion between the VAR and the referees 

Also, I found it strange the ref wasn't shown the other angle, where it's even more clear that it hits his stomach first

Though, regardless even from the replay he got it was clear it hit his chest first

3 hours ago, McDog said:

The finishing by PSG was pretty horrendous. Isak missed one that was an absolute chance early also but they missed like 5 without counting them. Eddie seemed to admit in a post game interview they (PSG) missed alot of chances.

What an effort though, just beat Milan.

Yep, the lads were colossal.  No criticism on that front - one of the hardest working and most committed performances I’ve ever seen from a team in B&W.  On another day mind we get a hammering :) 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'd be interested to hear the discussion between the VAR and the referees 

Also, I found it strange the ref wasn't shown the other angle, where it's even more clear that it hits his stomach first

Though, regardless even from the replay he got it was clear it hit his chest first

I think the ref knew fine well it hit his chest and then under his elbow but there were a good few penalty calls and the chanting fans plus the whinging PSG players managed to sway the ref from his original decision.

Basically the ref had a decent game up until he bottled that last call.

Legitimately ruined football for me forever. 

Or at least until I forget about how fucking awful that decision was. Which will be never. Or possibly tomorrow. 

20 fucking years and that’s how they steal it away. Cunts. 

4 hours ago, Arknor said:

yea especially the ones who attacked the NUFC fans yesterday .....

how can you respect their fans? they didn't welcome us and give a nice atmosphere like we did to the teams that came here.

Dortmund fans are miles better than PSG hooligans

:lol: apart from the vid of our fans being pricks to theirs outside the pub after the home game. Both things can be true. 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

PSG were absolutely shite again BTW.  They should have been out of sight - irrespective of our heroics.  Chance after chance they wasted. 

To be honest, they became a completely different team once Vitinha came on for Ugarte, that’s when we couldn’t get the ball into their half even once. The fact that our players where exhausted and couldn’t make a run for a counter attack helped them too. 

We really needed someone like Willock at that time to bury the game. 

Edited by Solitude20

I tend not to get consumed/triggered by  football stuff anymore but the Arsenal fan reaction to this has properly wound me up [emoji38]

Revelling in a horrendous decision because they can’t accept what was very clearly a good one a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to them winning fuck all again. 

11 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I tend not to get consumed/triggered by  football stuff anymore but the Arsenal fan reaction to this has properly wound me up [emoji38]

Revelling in a horrendous decision because they can’t accept what was very clearly a good one a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to them winning fuck all again. 

I saw some of the even trying to compare Howe's post match reaction last night, to Arteta's last month. Fucking weapons.

Got about an hours sleep last night. Still raging.

12 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Aye hate them, hink Arteta is awful as well tbh perfect match for each other. Hope we beat them away and they win fuck all.

4 minutes ago, RS said:

UEFA must have to give the big boys some advantage to progress. This was obviously the case here. I doubt we’ll hear anything formal about the decision. 

Hey, what are you implying?  That corruption occurs in European football?

You’d think that the only French team to actually win the European Cup were found guilty of match fixing that season and were banned from defending the trophy the year after.

Oh. :) 

10 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Penalty decision was awful. We were riding our luck a bit and were really close to monstrous result. 

Still good chance to qualify and we are tough to beat at home. 

See I don't think we were riding our luck at all. We defended heroically and they were looking pretty desperate by the end. The only way they were scoring was if VAR intervened, and that's how it happened. Ruined one of the greatest nights of football for me in recent memory.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

See I don't think we were riding our luck at all. We defended heroically and they were looking pretty desperate by the end. The only way they were scoring was if VAR intervened, and that's how it happened. Ruined one of the greatest nights of football for me in recent memory.

They really should have buried four or five of the chances they had in those last 20 mins + stoppages - the manner of how the goal came was a disgrace, but if PSG could finish the game would have been over well before that point.