Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

That was fantastic. All it was lacking was abit more composure in final passes or shots. Should have been a comfortable 3 or 4 nil.

But of course it got slightly nervous towards the end once we inevitably tired. Thought we would run out of steam a lot sooner to be fair. 

But we bossed that midfield all game. Only ones with any credit for Man U were Shaw and Maguire. Would have been absolute robbery if they had got something from the game. 

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rashford can get fucked. He's one of the mental midgets that needs to leave the club. 

Still a young man. Eddie, and our team ethos, would make him fulfill his potential. 
(p.s. there was more of a sense of ‘collective endeavour’ when he was at Fletcher Moss).

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Anthony Gordon was part of the problem at Everton for me. I was really fucking wrong about that.

He probably was to be fair but it's hard to not be when everything around you is poisonous, it wasn't an overnight change for him, he didn't have a great end to last season but Howe has done some number on him! He has been immense.

Just now, Mattoon said:

He probably was to be fair but it's hard to not be when everything around you is poisonous, it wasn't an overnight change for him, he didn't have a great end to last season but Howe has done some number on him! He has been immense.

Get Rashford here and it'll be the same story imo. Get that lad Howe'd

3 minutes ago, alexf said:

That was fantastic. All it was lacking was abit more composure in final passes or shots. Should have been a comfortable 3 or 4 nil.

But of course it got slightly nervous towards the end once we inevitably tired. Thought we would run out of steam a lot sooner to be fair. 

But we bossed that midfield all game. Only ones with any credit for Man U were Shaw and Maguire. Would have been absolute robbery if they had got something from the game. 

As much as I detest the bloke. Maguire had his best game for a long while

Just now, Infatuation Junkie said:

As much as I detest the bloke. Maguire had his best game for a long while

Other than Bruno he's their best player [emoji38] Gets away with a lot mind. 

This is the best team in my lifetime, like. I know Keegan's team were a brilliant team compared to their peers - the very best in the country for a few months - but the technical quality in this side is amazing. I can't remember having so much faith in so many players to do something useful-to-brilliant. The close control, vision, passing ability, bodywork, efficiency in the tackle... but behind that they're just mentality monsters.

He's simply built a brilliant, brilliant team. We'll have our off days like everyone normal does, but most of the time - particularly at home - we're just awful, awful to play against. They're just a joy and God I adoring the Eddie Howe era. 

Were it not for wobbly legs in the final 3rd that would have been a lot more comfortable, we dominated the midfield and it was worrying for them how much space we found between the lines and how easy it was to find someone in that space with a simple pass. However, they were pretty well organised at the back, Shaw and Maguire their stand out performers tells you that, with some quality last ditch defending at times. But who wants to watch a billion pound Burnley stink up the pitch?

21 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I can’t get over being better than Man Utd. i mean, I like it. Love it. But it’s weird. We’re good. And they’re awful.

I know it's great isnt it? Somehow they'll still bloody finish ahead of us at the end of the year though [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

This is the best team in my lifetime, like. I know Keegan's team were a brilliant team compared to their peers - the very best in the country for a few months - but the technical quality in this side is amazing. I can't remember having so much faith in so many players to do something useful-to-brilliant. The close control, vision, passing ability, bodywork, efficiency in the tackle... but behind that they're just mentality monsters.

He's simply built a brilliant, brilliant team. We'll have our off days like everyone normal does, but most of the time - particularly at home - we're just awful, awful to play against. They're just a joy and God I adoring the Eddie Howe era. 

I firmly believe he has squeezed every last ounce of possible perfection from each player. If any of our players went to another club. They would not improve even slightly. Not a single bit.

He can make you into the player you should be and more. 

Im 47 and all I can think about is 3-4-5 years from now. It is insane what Eddie has done with this team. He deserves to be our Fergie and stay for the rest of his career.

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

McClaren caretaker manager over Xmas until they get their next flavour of the month in, give him £500m to spend and still end up going backwards further.

Think they should consider bringing on someone who knows the club.

Oh, and they can fuck off for not putting the ball out when it was clear Pope was fucked. There was a moment in the first-half where there was an innocuous injury in midfield and they whinged for us to put it out. Took the ref to stop them after switching the ball from left to right and attacking us for Pope to get treatment.

Awful club.