Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

29 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Sure Froggy said he thinks it’s Rashford. But I think that’s Froggy saying that on a hunch as opposed to some inside info. 

It's semi inside info that there were a group of English players leaking info to the press, more specifically to Luckhurst and Whitwell. That group was Maguire, Henderson, Lingard and Rashford. Two of them aren't there anymore and the leaks are still happening. 

I don't think it's Maguire. 

8 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Worth remembering, no matter how world class we were or utter fucking dogs shit they were, if it hadn't been for Fabian and Maguire's interventions we might have drawn. 

you forget the shots on goal they blocked?

7 hours ago, huss9 said:

you forget the shots on goal they blocked?

Oh, we battered them and could've scored more but, in the context of the "poor" season they're having, playing badly but still getting wins/draws, worth noting this could've been another one. 

The Man U situation looks very stuck. Ten Haag's position looks shaky, but they may find it difficult to find a replacement of any repute, who is willing to step in to the turmoil. Rashford looks like a problem, but I don't think there are going to be many clubs eager to spend the money to take him off their hands. He'll probably be reluctant to go anyway. And in the background, you have this weird and probably unworkable plan for a minority shareholder to be part-running the football side. Disunity everywhere.

Ultimately, I think the manager needs to be made more powerful, not less. It needs a dressing-room clear-out, and because they're a bit stymied by FFP, they may need to rely on bringing through the younger players. I think they do have some talent there, but it'll mean a step back to eventually move forward, as happened with Fergie.

Only a few months ago, Ten Haag was the genius who had landed them their first trophy, got them to another final, and achieved third place. Now he's supposedly a robotic berk who's lost the dressing room. They have to either back him fully, or make sure his replacement is a long-term one, no matter what.

Not that I feel sorry for them, of course. It's just fascinating. Someone's going to write the inside story of this one day, and it will sell.

I’m not sure it’s interesting enough to make a book out of mind. 

I agree I don’t see a clear way out though, changing the manager won’t necessarily do anything. It would take a ridiculously perfect managerial choice to override the general malaise that is over the club and the players.  

This man utd team where twisting about mourinho aswell and his training being to much now ten hags 😂. Spurs said the same last year about conte. to many lazy players with high opinion of themselves to think that's to much running for me do you know who I am. 

3 hours ago, Cronky said:

The Man U situation looks very stuck. Ten Haag's position looks shaky, but they may find it difficult to find a replacement of any repute, who is willing to step in to the turmoil. Rashford looks like a problem, but I don't think there are going to be many clubs eager to spend the money to take him off their hands. He'll probably be reluctant to go anyway. And in the background, you have this weird and probably unworkable plan for a minority shareholder to be part-running the football side. Disunity everywhere.

Ultimately, I think the manager needs to be made more powerful, not less. It needs a dressing-room clear-out, and because they're a bit stymied by FFP, they may need to rely on bringing through the younger players. I think they do have some talent there, but it'll mean a step back to eventually move forward, as happened with Fergie.

Only a few months ago, Ten Haag was the genius who had landed them their first trophy, got them to another final, and achieved third place. Now he's supposedly a robotic berk who's lost the dressing room. They have to either back him fully, or make sure his replacement is a long-term one, no matter what.

Not that I feel sorry for them, of course. It's just fascinating. Someone's going to write the inside story of this one day, and it will sell.

Remember all the Man United fans that said he was bette than Howe after last season? I remember very well.

Edited by Erikse

18 minutes ago, hakka said:

Yeah, but who's feeding Pogba?

Reveal hidden contents

:giggs:

Plot twist: Turns out it was ten Hag all along. He's trying to turn the fans against the players he doesn't like with a false flag operation.