Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Just now, Shak said:

We've dominated them but as is often our problem when dominating is that we just don't have enough of a final ball.

Almiron in particular is infuriating, he had so much space to put that ball into for Gordon and it just seemed so fucking half arsed an effort.

Miggy, as lovable as he is, just lacks the extra quality needed too often.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Great first half but really think not scoring is going to come back and bite us on the backside. Can’t see Man Utd being as ineffective in the second half + the fact I expect us to tire. 

Think it’s been Mileys best game for us. Tino fabulous, Almiron busy but wasteful. 

Agreed, although Isak seems the wasteful one today. Can't have him missing so many chances

This game has jammy late defeat written all over it, but I think we've been excellent first half. Just a few poor decisions/deflections at the last moment.

Team looks a lot more fluid, midfield popping up all over the pace. Having a full back who can attack option at LB really opens up how we can play.

Man U were quite poor for the most part I thought, only real threat from Fernandes, who's a ridiculous passer, but they've always got that moment of quality from him in reserve.

Hopefully another good half to come.

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Great first half but really think not scoring is going to come back and bite us on the backside. Can’t see Man Utd being as ineffective in the second half + the fact I expect us to tire. 

Think it’s been Mileys best game for us. Tino fabulous, Almiron busy but wasteful. 

Pretty much.👍🏼

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Miggy, as lovable as he is, just lacks the extra quality needed too often.

I think he’ll be out the door, or at the very least replaced, this summer. As much as I love him 

Edited by cubaricho

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:
2 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Tino is absolutely the answer to our left back situation.

Shut up! You'll jinx it and he'll get injured! 😉

Too late, both his knees already exploded in the changing rooms

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I said that last season and they continued being shit and we continued being brilliant. Fingers crossed that happens again! 

As good as we've been, we're now relying on them to continue being shite for another 45. Nee way these lads can keep up the intensity, especially now we're going up the hill. 

Word for Trippier; he's been fucking amazing. A blip aside he's been stupidly good this season. 

Much the better team.  No right to be really but we are. Deserve to at least go in ahead.

Their continuing and historic fortune looms large mind.  What they're doing level, what's they're doing on the points their on, wtf man.

Edited by Jonas

Just now, Yorkie said:

As good as we've been, we're now relying on them to continue being shite for another 45. Nee way these lads can keep up the intensity, especially now we're going up the hill. 

Word for Trippier; he's been fucking amazing. A blip aside he's been stupidly good this season. 

Aye we really should have made that half count, some how brilliant yet not good enough.

Just now, hakka said:

Would hate to see our results without his goals and assists so far though.

Yeah weirdly no-one piped up about his lack of quality when he placed it in the corner to kickstart the 4-1 against PSG