Newcastle United 1-2 AC Milan (13/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, Andy said:

Surprised Schar is getting the blame like, he's been praised for those runs all season. The issue was Bruno and Isak letting their midfielder walk through them, absolutely has to be a tactical foul there, guarantee Howe will bollock them for that. 

Got to have a bit more game IQ like it wasn't the time and place to be doing that run in the dying stages of a knock out game. Was daft and uneces. 

Cant fault the effort, football can be so cruel and we've been punished the night. Love Joelinton and his performance tonight was incredible. Think the change of Burn coming in seemed to disrupt our defence rather than stabilise it. Thanks for the memories lads. Did so well to get here and were screwed by a shite decision and that made tonight shit or bust. The outcome somehow seems typical Newcastle. Proud of the team nonetheless. Howay the lads !!!

Seasons feeling more and more like playing football manager and the game wants to just mess with you.

Loss feels harsh there, but Milan showed more exposure and handled the game better then us. Would be easy to point flaws and mistakes we made, but was great to have us back in Europe again even if it was for a short time. 

Just now, WideopenMag said:

Got to have a bit more game IQ like it wasn't the time and place to be doing that run in the dying stages of a knock out game. Was daft and uneces. 

We had plenty of players back covering, it should have been dealt with. 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

All went tits up when trips went off

Can understand if he was fucked, but I did think it would go either way with that change. Could Burn have done better for that goal too? Not watched it back but it looked like he could from first look.

Either way, the lads gave it their all. I will never forget being at that PSG game for the rest of my life. Been a wicked run, despite the losses.

Lets focus on the league now and get back up there.

Really poor game management again for me at 1-0 we looked comfortable, as soon as they scored we were never going to score again 

In this game and the games against Dortmund we've had chance after chance come and spurned. We simply are not clinical enough in front of goal at the top level They get 2 chances and score twice that's the difference 

Edited by BullyDogs

1 minute ago, Flip said:

what do you mean? You rather sit back and go to Europe than actually go for it? I believe we could’ve been cooler as Milan were going to throw more men forward, but we can’t fault Schär for that.

It was daft. Has to shoot there like he usually does. No idea what he was thinking.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Nothing wrong with his run but he has to do what he usually does there and shoot!

If it flies over then he can get back into position. That one two with Isak and continuing his run into the box is bloody ridiculous.

You’re right there like he takes a touch too many, should have just shot.

Disappointing, because I don't think AC Milan deserved it. They didn't improve much in the second half, but the equaliser changed it. We then ended up chasing it and it became a lottery.

Lascelles always had a tendency to indecision, and getting caught in no-man's land. He's done well over the last few weeks, but he was at fault for that goal.

I'm not too sorry about missing out on the Europa League. We can concentrate on the domestics.

Edited by Cronky