Newcastle United vs Fulham - 16/12/23 @3pm (No Live TV)

17 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

West Ham are ahead of us in PL form table

We've won 7 and lost 1 at home in the League this season, over the longer term our home form in the league is extremely strong. A few weeks ago people talked about Fulham as relegation candidates, they'd scored 10 goals in their first 12 games this season, sure they're in a purple patch, but I repeat, they weren't playing us at St James' Park! 

I know we have been poor recently but Fulham at home really shouldn't be anything to worry about . I know they hammered West Ham and Forest but they just look like freak results to me . We don't lose at home to teams like Fulham under Eddie . It's only a couple weeks since we were totally dominating Man United and Chelsea.

Edited by Geogaddi

I'd be pretty confident about this if it was most other mid to bottom table sides tomorrow, but a technical energetic team that's in form and full of zippy little nonces like Willian and Pereira are the last thing you want after an energy sapping and demoralising mid-week European tie. 

I've got this one down as a 2-2 but it feels like it could be anything. 

57 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Just stating a fact my friend, this will be a tough slog they also scored 3 at Anfield and really should have won that game too

I think we'll win but I'm not expecting an easy game, you're right they have looked good lately.

Always hate playing these fuckers, desperate for a win here. Hope the atmopshere can be as good as possible after Wednesday's disappointment. Trust the players to get up for this, they'll want CL football again after getting a small taste of it. Time to get back to winning ways.

We'll win this and Dubravka will keep a clean sheet - rust shaken off, reaction to the disappointment of going out of Europe and the sense of light at the end of the tunnel in terms of fewer games in the New Year + players coming back will combine to see us get the 3 points here.

I’m confident we will get a positive response. The last few games reminded me of the dip in form before the cup final last year (the players may have been distracted by the Milan game in a similar way).

We very much rely on our physicality / running to bully teams at times, so a return to a more manageable fixture list (minus Europe and returns from injuries), mean we should be able to turn up the ‘pressing’ dial again.