Newcastle United 3-0 Fulham (16/12/23) | Reaction: pg 33 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Jimenez went down like he’d been absolutely clattered, he was forced to go to the sideline as the ref wasn’t taking his play acting. He the literally ran back onto the pitch and ran full pelt and launched himself at Longstaff still in a hissy fit. It was pre meditated, high and very dangerous. I couldn’t believe that the ref didn’t show a red in the first place.

That’s as I saw it too. Fecking crazy shit [emoji38]

Thought looking at the stats that our XG was disproportionately high as I don't think we made huge amount of chances despite dominating the game against 10 men.

Noticed that we got 0.54 for Burn's saved header then another 0.62 for his follow up finish on the line. It seems weird to me to accumulate this when it's effectively a single chance.

Big 3 points this afternoon and sorely needed too. Thought we played quite well and Jiminez's assault made things much easier thankfully. Thought we stuck at the plan well and the goals eventually came and delighted for Miley to notch. 

Losing Schar and Joelinton were the big blows obviously but 3 points and a clean sheet keeps the wolf from the door and keeps us in the pack. Other clubs up there will drop points and lose players too, we just need to keep it together and get through the next 5 or 6 weeks and it should get better each week, fingers crossed

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Jimenez went down like he’d been absolutely clattered, he was forced to go to the sideline as the ref wasn’t taking his play acting. He the literally ran back onto the pitch and ran full pelt and launched himself at Longstaff still in a hissy fit. It was pre meditated, high and very dangerous. I couldn’t believe that the ref didn’t show a red in the first place.

Exactly, he lifted off his feet like he's been hit by a lorry.

3 minutes ago, McDog said:

Exactly, he lifted off his feet like he's been hit by a lorry.

It's like no other football 'tackle' I've ever seen since the Schumacher/Battiston challenge in 82. There's not even a benchmark for shit like that as it was such a mental challenge

Just back in and haven't read the thread but a few thoughts;

- Bruno. Incredible. Fuck knows how you'd even begin to think about replacing him. He's literally our heartbeat.

- Emil Krafth - superb. Entered the game when everything was to play for, picked up the speed of it, never got beaten, contributed going forwards and looks fitter than ever. Excellent.

- Miley - kid must be feel on top of the world.

- Their number 4 (Tosin) was brilliant at times. He's going to the top iyam. I'd take him here in a heartbeat. Fucking unit an'all.

Obviously a huge kick in the bollocks to have lost Schar and Joelinton.

Atmosphere was very flat in the first half and a bit better second but overall a bit meh. Outsung by fucking Fulham fans at the end of the first half for a good 20 mins. That's got to be a first [emoji38].

I probably shouldn't say it, but fuck it, it's just an observation not a criticism but Lewis Hall looked really nervy and generally pretty uncomfortable to me in his 15 minute run out. Looks like maybe his youthful confidence has taken a bit of a knock (understandly). I'm pleased he got another run out though and hope he gets plenty more over the rest of the season.

Overall, a massive 3 points and a great spirit lifter ahead of next Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Just back in and haven't read the thread but a few thoughts;

- Bruno. Incredible. Fuck knows how you'd even begin to think about replacing him. He's literally our heartbeat.

- Emil Krafth - superb. Entered the game when everything was to play for, picked up the speed of it, never got beaten, contributed going forwards and looks fitter than ever. Excellent.

- Miley - kid must be feel on top of the world.

- Their number 4 (Tosin) was brilliant at times. He's going to the top iyam. I'd take him here in a heartbeat. Fucking unit an'all.

Obviously a huge kick in the bollocks to have lost Schar and Joelinton.

Atmosphere was very flat in the first half and a bit better second but overall a bit meh. Outsung by fucking Fulham fans at the end of the first half for a good 20 mins. That's got to be a first [emoji38].

I probably shouldn't say it, but fuck it, it's just an observation not a criticism but Lewis Hall looked really nervy and generally pretty uncomfortable to me in his 15 minute run out. Looks like maybe his youthful confidence has taken a bit of a knock (understandly). I'm pleased he got another run out though and hope he gets plenty more over the rest of the season.

Overall, a massive 3 points and a great spirit lifter ahead of next Tuesday.

Good post but not having that being out sung by Fulham. Atmosphere was decent in the Gallowgate. Only heard the Fulham fans when we went quiet.

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was the Nunez goal against Liverpool the last goal we have conceded from open play at St James in the league ?

We’ve only conceded one since, the Sterling free kick.

Mental. 

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Can always rely on him to take every last bit of atmosphere out of the ground at the drop of a hat.

its because we'd been singing it for ages towards the end of the game.

"this year to save me from tears, i'll give it to jason tindall!"

Was in the gods for this. Ratings, for what they are worth:

Dubravka 6 Could have had a kip.

Krafth 7 Really good at both ends. Forgot how solid he can be.

Lascelles 7 Bullied their striker/s but wasn't needed for the most part.

Burn 8 Good game back for the big man.

Livramento 7 Looked comfortable on both sides.

Miley 8 Another accomplished performance, lush that he got a goal.

Bruno 9 Perfect scenario for Bruno, with the opposition down to 10, 2 assists (kind of).

Longstaff 7 Usual steady Eddie performance.

Wilson 6 Hustled but Fulham dealt with him well.

Other subs:

Botman- Great to have him back. Showed his class.

Hall- Was trying really hard to make an impact.