Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle United (19/12/23) Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties

Yorkie

Hated that match even when we were winning tbh. Felt like their goal was coming from about 65 minutes and when it mattered we (well, one player inparticular) played like idiots against a painfully average team unfortunately. No sympathy this time, I'd have been really surprised if we'd won.

Dubravka: 6

Krafth: 6.5 Trippier: 2

Lascelles: 7

Botman: 6.5 Burn: 7

Livramento: 6.5

Miley: 7.5

Bruno: 7

Longstaff: 6.5

Almiron: 5

Wilson: 4.5

Gordon: 5.5 

Edited by Kid Icarus

last few minutes of PSG away and today game was a killer for us.

lets go big on Saudi loan in January and have a go at CL places (4th ad 5th hopefully). if we have no CL revenue next year that again can affect our limits badly.

1 minute ago, midds said:

Thrown it away again. Out of Europe completely and out of the League Cup because of stupid mental mistakes. Masters of our own downfall, gifting teams the chance to step in and take advantage. Still soft as puppy shit and another failure to see a game out, I know they're running on fumes and tired but the same thing is happening a bit too often tbh

Same problem though each time? Until the injury list starts to less look like first XI we are gonna have this keep happening.

1 minute ago, midds said:

Thrown it away again. Out of Europe completely and out of the League Cup because of stupid mental mistakes. Masters of our own downfall, gifting teams the chance to step in and take advantage. Still soft as puppy shit and another failure to see a game out, I know they're running on fumes and tired but the same thing is happening a bit too often tbh

Playing like this for 90 mins is just inviting this sort of thing happening.  Our away form is just incredibly poor

Jesus, could we have lost to a less deserving team of cunts? Dirty throughout (presumably because they knew there was no VAR), though the ref rarely pulled them up on anything anyway. Should be punished for not controlling their fans, though any monetary penalty is pretty pointless. Tripps... ohhhh Tripps... three goals given away recently from silly mistakes, leading to bad results, doubt is starting to creep in over whether he's on that slippery slope of being past it, to think that only takes a couple of games for the confidence to be knocked this badly. I just don't know what else to say about tonight, we should have won against that shower of shit, but somehow managed to lose and lose miserably.

... even the forum's struggling to take it in and is falling over!

Wow imagine yourself in Trippier's shoes...Poor bastard. Damn just damn... Hopefully he will not end up like Karius....

Some time ago it was typical for Newcastle to lose like that... so much suffering and yet at least I know that we can recover. Hoping for best - this team is still working progress.

Just now, Stifler said:

You just fucking know West Ham will beat Liverpool now.

And Chelsea will get Boro in the semi.

I honestly think NUFC are cursed to never win anything ever again, at least not in my lifetime.

Aye cruel to concede with 2 mins injury time left, howe tried to rest trippier but he came on as kraft presumably had a knock?

Penalties had a feeling of inevitably about them.

Just praying that kraft, botman and Gordon are OK.

4 minutes ago, Beren said:

Really, really poor from Howe (said it when we were winning also).

So disappointing.

Going into a game where you're knackered, they're not, the aim has to be to bring them down to your energy level - not increase the disparity by chasing shadows with eleven barely fit players. Absolute mad tactics.

Agree with this - Miggy was spent after 55 mins yet continued to play him

The Ritchie sub is unforgivable - might aswell play with 10 men 

At the end of the day I'd still take this over the Ashley years. Yes it's really disappointing compared to last season but how do you account for all these injuries? Literally every game someone is getting injured. Today it looks like Gordon has been done by a red card tackle that wasn't punished.

Why is Hall not coming on before Ritchie FFS, the guy can't run. About 3 crosses that should have been closed down before the goal that he got nowhere near closing down. 

However Tripps has made so many costly errors recently. 

Hurts so much more that we potentially picked up 3 more injuries tonight, players all physically and mentally fucked and we got nothing for it. 

Just now, Wilson said:

Feel so bad for Trips, he should have been nowhere near the pens.

That's not me slating him like some absolute idiots, it's me being able to see he's in a bad place after a few howlers.  His mentality is shot right now. 

Fuck man.

Yep, he should have been nowhere near the pitch to be honest. It was a good chance to give him a proper weeks rest mentally and physically but instead he’s gonna be in bits now. As I said a page or two back his strength is attacking and we were never doing that tonight, he’s been off recently defending and we had our backs to the wall. Should never have come on.

Just now, hakka said:

Same problem though each time? Until the injury list starts to less look like first XI we are gonna have this keep happening.

True but we've been pretty crap away from home all season aside from 2 games and some of those games were before the injuries.

It's been the same pattern all season.

We get an early goal, then we sit back all game until they equalise/win late on.

It's happened so many times.

I mean it can't be helped with our injuries and so many players being tired but even so

Edited by mikejaxer