sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

Just now, reefatoon said:

Was great watching a game without VAR too, so much better without it.

Yeah just flowed so smoothly and kept the momentum. Yes some decisions were dodgy but heck, that's part of the game.

Get in! Great win! Pretty much gifted to us, but our lads still deserve credit for keeping them at arm's length and not letting any typical derby-game madness creep into it. That meant it ended up as a walk in the park.

Eddie gets a free hit for the rest of the season. Hope we finally, finally get an easy draw in a competition now.

Landed on my wheels, pulled over and said what were you worried about?

Men against boys. Sunderland were very lucky that it was only 3 nil in this match, let alone what we would have been like firing on all cylinders. They offered absolutely nothing, we were professional and dominant. Chuffed that it's done and we did it so comfortably with a clean sheet and no fuss. 

Dubravka: 8

Trippier: 7.5

Schär: 7

Botman: 7

Burn: 7

Joelinton: 8 Miley: 6

Bruno: 8.5

Longstaff: 6.5

Gordon: 7.5

Isak: 8

Almiron: 8

According to Dan Burn if we had a choice of going through to the Champions League knockout or beating Sunderland today we'd choose today's result... Er not me like.

1 minute ago, DahnSahf said:

RTG prediction. It's still 6 in a row because this was the cup and we're in different divisions, so it doesn't count.

We also don’t exist anymore.  Which is why they didn’t bother going, didn’t bother commenting, and actually are really really not bothered 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Did it's job. Buzzing

Can't get my head around it.  Betting on a sunderland win?  I'll not even wear red socks!

Sunderland were absolutely awful, a total mismatch in style. They had to try and play out because a small team of youngsters isn’t equipped for good old long ball, they just couldn’t cope with the press from a side that is physically and technically levels above.

Edited by Nine