sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

58 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Holy fuck. That's absolutely shocking. The first E :lol:

Fucking shambles. I know how the bird brain has done it, the shan sports washing design they had in mind gave it away. They've got a seat plan for the stand and coloured in the seats on the fly, by fucking hand, like a toddler colouring in on graph paper.

A competent person would overlay a decent font over the seats and get it as near as they could, it wouldn't be perfect but the scale would be bang on and it would at the bare minimum have uniform letters. But they clearly don't have a competent person amongst them. Just someone to look at it and recognize it for being shite. The whole thing from start to finish is just so fucking mackem.

And they're still deluding themselves into thinking it looks great! How?! If I'd put money into that debacle I'd be fucking livid. My club becoming a laughing stock live on national television, and I've paid to make it happen? Stuff of nightmares 

22 minutes ago, joeyt said:

When are Maidstone ever going to be first on match of the day? 

It's hardly like there was any drama in any of the other games. Our game was completely one sided

I've got our game recorded anyway. I'll watch it back at leisure, probably a few times just to see if I can get some more juice out it. MOTD currently showing Brighton beating Stoke.

53 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Deeks the previous page :lol:

Thank you!

He actually came across well in it to be fair to the fella.

Would sooner spend a night in Bin Laden’s cave than visit “Wincy’s” mind :lol: 

The best thing about all this is that we’ve just absolutely took the piss in every way possible.

Before a ball had been kicked we had won. Taking their home end, forcing season ticket holders who had potentially sat in their seat every week since the San Giro opened in 1997 to move. Then giving us their bar, which despite looking like a 1990’s social club irked them. On top of us getting their bar, they let us put pro-NUFC related signage up and even banned the workers from wearing red ties that they usually do. 

All of the above and it’s now apparent they done it because we let them keep our share of the gate receipts. Fucking fantastic. 

On to the match and we’ve just treated it as a glorified training game and done them 3 nowt. Then we took a photo on their pitch in front of their home end, full of our fans. They’ll never top it and they know it, we are a different animal now.

On another note, they haven’t beaten a non-Mike Ashley version of NUFC on Wearside since the early 80’s. 

From the Athletic:

Buckingham: Take Sunderland’s back four: a lad signed for very little from Northern Ireland (Trai Hume), Luke O’Nien, who joined on a free from League Two. Dan Ballard is a good young defender, but it’s a long way from the markets Newcastle shop in.

Weatherspoon: I like a lot about our team, but if you look at the gulf… You can romanticise the derby and say anything is possible, but it’s a mismatch.

Those six-in-a-row games (over two years from April 2013), Newcastle were often the better side, which is what made it so nice for us. At least there was a semblance of parity. It’s a one-off game (this weekend), but in my lifetime it’s the biggest gap between them.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

From the Athletic:

Buckingham: Take Sunderland’s back four: a lad signed for very little from Northern Ireland (Trai Hume), Luke O’Nien, who joined on a free from League Two. Dan Ballard is a good young defender, but it’s a long way from the markets Newcastle shop in.

Weatherspoon: I like a lot about our team, but if you look at the gulf… You can romanticise the derby and say anything is possible, but it’s a mismatch.

Those six-in-a-row games (over two years from April 2013), Newcastle were often the better side, which is what made it so nice for us. At least there was a semblance of parity. It’s a one-off game (this weekend), but in my lifetime it’s the biggest gap between them.

Scarily (for them) we might not play them for another decade. And after this weekend, I’ll happily take it. We’ve settled the score, the only thing they had going for them was us not beating them in so long. 

There was only 6,000 more there today than when the place looks half empty. Officially.

Really weird that six-on-a-row business, I mean singing it at the end, not the disproportinate fixation on it I've never heard any other set of fans have.

They used to do the same thing with '2-1' gestures years after the fact and straight after we'd just beat them again.

You'd never be about to lose to them and sing about the 6wins and 2draws in a row from 01-08 or winning the last game at Roker or being the first to win one at the stadium now.

They'll be dragging up the 9-1 without it probably.

got canny packed in when when we were waiting to be let out of the lower tier after the game.

got even worse outside when the police were holding us back for the buses home - proper crush trying to get through to the car park with 2 police vans parked either side causing a bottleneck..

They got off lightly in hindsight, had that finished 5 or 6 then they couldn't have complained at all. Can't remember a more comfortable derby ever

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Not shocked to hear it was Tindall who organised the team photo.

Time for a separate JT appreciation thread on here? I couldn't find one in the first two pages. I think he deserves it. Even just a collection of him clipped from the victory photos.

37 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Like I have said many times before on here, they literally are shit at everything. [emoji38]

Didn't their owners pay £10k towards the cost of this mess?

I imagine that's why the W is so big - they've blown that, and then fan-funded the rest.

Someone must have got a voucher for the exclamation mark.

Edited by Abacus

There were a load of mackems in the box next to me shouting towards our fans and trotting out every RTG trope going.

I reckon it was this SO37 lot spending their ill-gotten gains.

Special mention to the absolute clown in the corner with his Borussia Dortmund scarf.

Edited by Sima

5 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

There was only 6,000 more there today than when the place looks half empty. Officially.

Really weird that six-on-a-row business, I mean singing it at the end, not the disproportinate fixation on it I've never heard any other set of fans have.

They used to do the same thing with '2-1' gestures years after the fact and straight after we'd just beat them again.

You'd never be about to lose to them and sing about the 6wins and 2draws in a row from 01-08 or winning the last game at Roker or being the first to win one at the stadium now.

They'll be dragging up the 9-1 without it probably.

We won five in a row in the 2000s, and I was at all of them - but it never occurred to me at the time that we had, and we didn’t create a culture around it.  It was only later with the ‘six in a row’ shite that I went back to look.  They’re absolutely small time. 

I rewatched the match with a clear head, my god they were shite, I don't even think some of their players are that bad TBF, but why play out from the back with defenders that can't pass against our front three ? Almiron would score 30 goals against this type of tactic every season.

Also, I'm putting £5 every week on O'Nien getting a card, absolute cart horse of a player that their fans love because he smashes a few players and gives 100%, he feeds off them and actually wears a yellow card like a badge of honour.

6 hours ago, McDog said:

From the Athletic:

Saudi Arabia, he means 😉

31 minutes ago, Ben said:

Also, I'm putting £5 every week on O'Nien getting a card, absolute cart horse of a player that their fans love because he smashes a few players and gives 100%, he feeds off them and actually wears a yellow card like a badge of honour.

Most of the mackems I know seem to be as much a fan of a 'meayty challenge' as of actually scoring goals or winning games, it's canny weird.

56 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I'm absolutely loving the 'og, fuck up, penalty - they didn't score any proper goals' narrative :lol: 

Especially when the OG basically prevented an Isak hat trick, and was scored by a player who should have been already sent off

edit: I also like the ‘penalties don’t count’ thing, as if they’re the pre-Great War Corinthians FC.  Oddballs. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle