FA Cup Fourth Round Draw - Fulham (a) on 27/01/24 @ 7pm (Live on ITV4)

On 06/01/2024 at 16:38, Erikse said:

Will be interesting to see who we get next. It's 99% certain that it will be another away game.

Ah, who would've thought.

26 minutes ago, Decky said:

I love how we have a winter break for a weekend but then the week after we've 3 games in about a week. :lol: Pointless man, it'd benefit us more to just play that Villa game on the break weekend at this rate.

I was thinking the same. Absolutely ridiculous. The LC semifinalists lose a quarter of their break and then, if they are in the FA Cup 4th round, play four games in 11 days coming out of the "break."

40 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The lack of break is fucking shocking like .

Honestly think that there should just be 1 domestic cup.. It would make that cup become more important, and lessen the amount of games at the same time. Also, do we really need the replay system?

Do we reckon this will be on TV? They had Crystal Palace Vs Everton this past round so I'd imagine there would be a good chance it will be.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Do we reckon this will be on TV? They had Crystal Palace Vs Everton this past round so I'd imagine there would be a good chance it will be.

Depends how many games they show.

I’d say probably not, but might end up depending on what days other games get played on.

Thomas Frank is a whining cunt.  ‘Why do they have replays, too many games’.  Because there have been replays since the tournament began - a tournament which is literally the same age as Germany.   

The ridiculousness of a fucking Brentford manager whining about having to play replays against lower league opposition.  For about 95% of Brentford’s history an FA Cup replay against a big team would keep the club ticking over. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

They really should just abolish the Carabao and hype up the FA Cup more. I realize you can’t do that in reality because some group of people somewhere will lose money and clout, but if I could wave a magic wand I totally would.

36 minutes ago, oldtype said:

They really should just abolish the Carabao and hype up the FA Cup more. I realize you can’t do that in reality because some group of people somewhere will lose money and clout, but if I could wave a magic wand I totally would.

Or perhaps they should follow the ‘Blueprint for the Future of Football’ and reduce the PL to 18 teams as originally planned.  Four games fewer immediately - and you can leave the cups alone. 

NB The League Cup is run by the Football League, and remains a big income for teams further down the pyramid, as well as actual trophy to be won.  As exciting as it is not knowing whether you’ll finish 5th or 8th, an actual trophy would be a lot more meaningful. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Looked good last night and should have gone 2 up minutes before the Liverpool deflected effort changed the game.

Take it away goals only count after extra time? Here's hoping for a long night in leg 2

9 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Looked good last night and should have gone 2 up minutes before the Liverpool deflected effort changed the game.

Take it away goals only count after extra time? Here's hoping for a long night in leg 2

No away goals rule