Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Understandable to think that. We had a couple of early chances and then looked miles off it. With them queuing up to score again. If they got a 2nd in that spell, which looked inevitable. Then they would have battered us.

Momentum is massive in football. That Forest game for example, should be 2 up and then go in 1-1 and capitulate second half. 

Can understand why people are negative of late with some of our results and performances.

I still think they will have too much for us. But barring us totally wilting this half. It’s nice to see us back to something like the team we saw for most of last year. 

Aye I agree with that mind.

I said last month, but think from February we are going to be on fire. Harder games out the way, players baxk and one game a week.  

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Longstaff has been honking since returning from injury 

Aye massively. He loses the ball and falls over  and stays down, parhrtic. 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Aye, not been his usual self lately

He's at his best i think being a nuisance pressing high but deep he's been frustrating. I'm not in the sell him camp but definitely in the shouldn't be first choice or even second choice camp

Don't like the whole sit back invite pressure,  we're better when we go high intensity, push sides back and the ball over the top first half, City ran out of ideas.

They're only effective when their defense pushes up so high they support their attack, making you feel overwhelmed, but thats when those good balls over the top are key, puts city under real pressure. 

Edited by mighty__mag

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Don't like the whole sig back invite pressure,  we're better when we go high intensity, push sides back and the ball over the top first half, City ran out of ideas.

They're only effective when their defense pushes up so high they support their attack, making you feel overwhelmed, but thats when those good balls over the top are key, puts city under real pressure. 

We’ve been lethal on the break like, so I do understand why we sit back