Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, worthy said:

You are a fucking tool. This man is supposed to be a paid professional in his field, yet we have had the same problem the whole season. So what can it be?

Did you notice last week that gap wasn't there, when we had our beast of a CM available, or earlier on in the season when we had our industrious young academy player there, or when we had our suspended Italian in that same spot? Naaaah didn't think so.

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I’m beginning to honestly think he’s always done this but pope has bailed him out. You only remember the good

There surely has been some close calls after Trippier slipped up defensively last season. Some of them ended in a goal against, but many of them were cleaned up. So it's not really something new. People were commenting that he was not really good defensively last season. I think the slip ups has definetly been happening more frequently lately though.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Dyeyzzon said:

Sick of us just running out of steam then faltering the heartbreaking way. Milan, Chelsea, now Citeh.

Need to add PSG and Liverpool to that list. PSG was worse imo.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Disappointing we couldn't offer the same threat on the counter in the second half as we did in the first.

We didn’t try it though, we changed how we played and sat with two rows on the edge of the box. It just never works trying to hold on to a lead for 45 minutes, especially against such a quality team.

I think we all knew it was coming. I just hope we can get some players back soon to take the burden off the starting 11.

I still think we'll finish the season strongly when we get a few back. I just wish Joelinton was fit.

it's heartbreaking to see so many crushing late goals 

but I can't remember the last time Howe has had any real options to bring off the bench to freshen things up or change the game 

11 playes missing today ffs 

and people are complaining when this game was effectively a write off lol 

1 minute ago, STM said:

"Not having that tired reason". :lol:

That will be the... the players are fucking exhausted chasing the ball for 100 minutes... reason. 

Ask any professional footballer.

Anyone that has played football growing up understands this.

If we are unable to get up the pitch against teams like city Liverpool etc surely he'd practice a slightly defensive midfield set up so we don't get cut to ribbons. Between defence and midfield and counter the bastards with out pace over the top. 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Ahh, of course. Could somehow find a way to get our 17 year old to take a bit more responsibility? What tactics would you use?

jUSt fIX thE TAcTiCS!11! :hunter:

1 minute ago, McDog said:

I must have watched a different game.

Really? Don't know how many times they found space behind our midfield Probably hundreds of billions. Nowt done for 90 minutes. Deserved what we got.

Horrible. No complaints about the result, it always felt like it was coming, but to have a result slip through our fingers yet again like that at the death this season is so guttening.

Despite the dominance we still had extra chances of our own but didn't take them. I'm not sure what else we could have done with what we have tbh, the midfield was a write off so when we had the ball it had to be bypassed.

KDB basically came on and won it, that ball for Bobb is out of this world, ridiculous precision. Man City in the business end of the season are ruthless and never beaten, we needed one of those extra chances to be put away basically, which considering our actual goals were from half chances is maybe asking a lot.

Gutted, really gutted, but hopefully the break will do us good and we can make something of this season after Villa away.

Dubravka: 8

Trippier: 8

Schär: 8

Botman: 8

Burn: 7

Miley: 6

Longstaff: 5

Bruno: 6.5

Almiron: 7

Isak: 7

Gordon: 7

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just our bloody luck that KDB had to make his return today

We easily get a result if he doesn't come on 

Just sums up the kind of luck we've had this season

I expected us to get battered, we didn't, had a few positive moments. Not going to lose the plot for losing against them.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Isak and Gordon could run in the first half though.

The reason we get pinned in often in the 2nd half is tiredness. One or two players are fucked and their defence diesn't need to be tight anymore and we offer nowt in terms of counter-pressing.

Tiredness though? We set our stall out from the start of the half, we weren’t tired as soon as the second half started, we just wanted to hold it.

Anyway, let me rant like a fucker as I’m just frustrated to fuck as you could see it coming [emoji38]

Just now, Kanji said:

Man. Gut punch. We gave it our all. Be nice if we had Barnes, Joelinton, willock or Wilson to bring on. 

Absolutely this, I cannot believe how bad we have been fucked with the Willock and Barnes injuries as well as the Tonali ban.

The Barnes one is just utterly fucking absurd.

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Need to add PSG and Liverpool to that list. PSG was worse imo.

Aye yeah forgot those. All top sides tbf. Just painful when you're minutes away from the famous result.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pope manages to spread himself much better and will often get something on it by staying big.

Dubravka comes flying out then falls over while trying to stick his leg out.

It's weird.

Agree with you, but still think Bobb goes around any keeper on that play. It was a lovely pass from KDB and a great move from Bobb.

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Christ, I feel genuinely bad for you lads who have been watching football all your lives and think just coming out and going hell for leather at them in the second half with no subs was an option :lol:

More good than bad to take from that IMO, we looked genuinely good on the break and had numerous chances to score. I know both our goals were absolute worldies but so were all of there's to undo us.

Really can't wait until we have subs again.

not even too upset. We have no subs to change a game yet. We had one half chance in the second half.