Alfie Harrison

NSG

5 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Wtf is the this shit. I literally only said miley started games in preseason ffs. Didn't realise some knacka would unravel at the sight of a simple sentence ?

Your post was a response to someone saying Mileys introduction to the team was forced due to injuries, and that he never would have got near the starting team this season without the injuries, saying he started games in America before the injuries. If I assumed incorrect thinking you implied he definitely would have been involved becasue he started in pre-season then apologies for quoting you.

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We going to see him on the bench from the off?

Be very surprised. Especially as it sounds like 2/3 of the main lads are about back.

Even if he did make the bench, the only way he gets any minutes is if we’re absolutely pissing a game like Chelsea at home earlier in the season.

He’s played one U21 match for Man City. I don’t think we can expect him to be anywhere near ready for PL level.

16 hours ago, KaKa said:

Managers are not going to drop their first team players for relatively inexperienced younger players if they come in and do well while first teamers are out. Typically once the first teamer is fit they come back in.

They are also not going to drop a first teamer who is a bit off form for a relatively inexperienced youngster either, but will allow the first teamer to play through it.

I agree, I think the only reason anyone is suggesting playing youngsters is when the squad has been decimated by injury. So if Alfie Harrison can play in midfield or wide left, it's not that outrageous to suggest he could come off the bench given the absence of Joelinton, Tonali, Barnes and Isak. Ideally we'd have brought in a midfielder in the window but for whatever reasons we haven't been able to.

49 minutes ago, TRon said:

I agree, I think the only reason anyone is suggesting playing youngsters is when the squad has been decimated by injury. So if Alfie Harrison can play in midfield or wide left, it's not that outrageous to suggest he could come off the bench given the absence of Joelinton, Tonali, Barnes and Isak. Ideally we'd have brought in a midfielder in the window but for whatever reasons we haven't been able to.

Yeah, sure. I think Howe has done this with Tino, Anderson and Miley because they were deemed able to grasp what was required of them to a certain level. However, in Hall's case it appears he's not quite picked something up that they require of him, and so he hasn't quite got the same kind of opportunities.

If you have a player who is injury prone and completely exhausted, barely jogging let alone running. I’d think to throw on anyone, a youngster even to protect the 1st teamer, inject a bit of energy into the side and at least give a youngun a taste. 

I’ve made this same point a few times now, these are the circumstances it’s clearly justified in my mind. If you want to contort that point into something else so you can make a counter point to something I didn’t say, fill your boots ?

6 hours ago, Lotus said:

If you have a player who is injury prone and completely exhausted, barely jogging let alone running. I’d think to throw on anyone, a youngster even to protect the 1st teamer, inject a bit of energy into the side and at least give a youngun a taste. 

I’ve made this same point a few times now, these are the circumstances it’s clearly justified in my mind. If you want to contort that point into something else so you can make a counter point to something I didn’t say, fill your boots ?

Are you paranoid or something? I hadn't even seen your post man :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Are you paranoid or something? I hadn't even seen your post man :lol:

I think there was a slight bit of a row in some thread.

Morning everyone, hope you’re doing well. Here’s a 90 second video breaking down everything you need to know about Alfie Harrison for those of you interested. While it wasn’t the window most Newcastle supporters were expecting, this kid is a heck of a talent, and I’m confident he’ll be a part of the first team set up before long. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask my any questions you may have, cheers!

On 01/02/2024 at 16:32, TRon said:

Neither have I, I go by the old Cloughie maxim - if he's good enough he's old enough.

Not sure it was actually Cloughie who said that mind, but you wouldn't put it past him.

Nah, they’d have been cleaning the terraces and doing his garden until at least 21. 

58 minutes ago, footywithuti said:

Morning everyone, hope you’re doing well. Here’s a 90 second video breaking down everything you need to know about Alfie Harrison for those of you interested. While it wasn’t the window most Newcastle supporters were expecting, this kid is a heck of a talent, and I’m confident he’ll be a part of the first team set up before long. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask my any questions you may have, cheers!

Try cranberry juice for the UTI

On 02/02/2024 at 10:48, Conjo said:

Your post was a response to someone saying Mileys introduction to the team was forced due to injuries, and that he never would have got near the starting team this season without the injuries, saying he started games in America before the injuries. If I assumed incorrect thinking you implied he definitely would have been involved becasue he started in pre-season then apologies for quoting you.

He got so much time in the friendlies due to Longstaff and Willock being injured.

23 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

His dad serviced my mates boiler the other day and was saying he is already recognised when up in Newcastle and keeps on getting offered free food. Love our city!

Your mate wants to find himself a new lass!

16 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Interesting that he's been training with City's first team this season. Could see him getting some minutes off the bench at the backend of the season 

I wouldn't believe anything in that video. He states that Lewis Hall has been one of our stand out performers this season.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

I find it difficult to believe he was training with Man City’s first team five days a week but wasn’t getting a game for their U21’s?

See Lewis Miley

If a player is clearly better than the other players manager may feel gains nothing playing those games better training with first team, however man city tend to have a plethora of talent in the u21s so that would be a bit of a surprise

1 hour ago, SteV said:

I find it difficult to believe he was training with Man City’s first team five days a week but wasn’t getting a game for their U21’s?

Pep was planning on giving him some first team game time next season.