Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 30/1/24 @ 20:15 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Actually looking forward to this one tbh :lol:

Murphy being back is a massive boost for us hitting teams on the break.

Same. I know we'll most likely lose, but knowing that, there is just upside to getting a result whether it's a draw or win, and not so much disappointment if we end up losing....unless we take the lead but end up losing.

Did I hear @brummie say Diaby is horribly out of form?

Well, he won't be for long. He's nailed on to score against us if he gets on the pitch. :lol:

Edit: is it safe for such a joke given the crying over the last few pages? Fucking hell man.

Edited by Sean

One thing is for sure. If we somehow did come out with a win tonight. That could be just the catalyst we need to attack the remainder of the season with some positivity as players slowly start to return. 
On the flip side we can lose as expected, lose Bruno to suspension and pick up more injuries :D

Edited by alexf

1 hour ago, frankpingel said:

I'm 90% sure we'll lose but ffs I'll be watching and hoping as always. Do folk only watch matches they think we'll win? 

I like to watch matches I'm conviced we'll lose as well, gives me an excuse to piss and moan about my scapgoat player of the month.

3 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Aye, we probably need to bypass the midfield where possible. Tbf, Villa do play that high line so it's potentially a good time to accept sitting deeper and hoping Isak and Gordon's pace can cause problems.

This is what I was just thinking. Murphy on the right and Almiron on after 60-70, perhaps. So we have some pace to get in behind with those pair, Isak and Gordon. 

Did feel like we didn’t commit as many bodies forward against Fulham as usual. What with the midfield struggling to protect the defence for so many games and with how slow they all are. But we were trying to go in behind with the front 3 quite often. So might be looking to do similar here against their high line. 

we need a big away win in the league sooner or later, when if not now facing the team with best home record hehe.

if we could put together 3 wins in a row in PL all of a sudden others would try to get to feel bit uncomfortable.

9 minutes ago, BShearer said:

we need a big away win in the league sooner or later, when if not now facing the team with best home record hehe.

if we could put together 3 wins in a row in PL all of a sudden others would try to get to feel bit uncomfortable.

Aye a win here would be a massive boost with three upcoming fixtures we should aim to win, midfield issues or not.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Did I hear @brummie say Diaby is horribly out of form?

Well, he won't be for long. He's nailed on to score against us if he gets on the pitch. :lol:

I am 99 percent sure we will start with Bailey rather than Diaby.

24 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Having Miggy back makes such a difference, it's painful not being able to make 1 decent sub. Shame the same can't be said about the midfield 

I wouldn't hate it if Tino was a sub for a winger along with Miggy today as well. Protection from wingers is massive for our team, both for FBs and the midfield itself. Knowing that we can make subs for both wingers at 60/70 minutes could be a big help.

2 hours ago, alexf said:

One thing is for sure. If we somehow did come out with a win tonight. That could be just the catalyst we need to attack the remainder of the season with some positivity as players slowly start to return. 
On the flip side we can lose as expected, lose Bruno to suspension and pick up more injuries :D

We all know hoiw that's going to end.. Rushing back Willock and then his injury comes back.

I thought of that, but no :lol:

Maybe I watched too much Philip Lahm, I dunno. 

Anyway Longstaff seems only able to operate at RCM effectively, which probably rules it out. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I've got a feeling Bruno is going to make it. 

Isn't it usually some time around mid-late April?  30 something games?

At least 10 more games without a yellow :lol: 

I love your optimism.  But I just can't see it.