FAC R5: Blackburn Rovers (A): 27/02/24 @ DELAYED 20:00 (Live on BBC One)

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Well I wouldn't play Isak in goal for starters, and Karius is probably not a good striker.

The traditional way to show a team in formation is top-bottom tbf :) - that’s why the numbers go 1-2-3 from the back rather than those being the forward’s numbers 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The traditional way to show a team in formation is top-bottom tbf :) - that’s why the numbers go 1-2-3 from the back rather than those being the forward’s numbers 

Tradition - it's an internet forum, not a cave painting.

Anyway, if I were writing the team sheet out I'd do them goalie first, but if I'm sorting the formation I'd put the striker at the top, that way the left sided players are on the left etc.

Even if it is tradition, which I'd argue strong it's not, not all traditions are good.

Also saying "that's why the numbers go 1 2 3" makes absolutely no sense, as if in 1928 Herbert Chapman was thinking of how he could make life easier for people writing on the internet. :lol:

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Tradition - it's an internet forum, not a cave painting.

Anyway, if I were writing the team sheet out I'd do them goalie first, but if I'm sorting the formation I'd put the striker at the top, that way the left sided players are on the left etc.

Even if it is tradition, which I'd argue strong it's not, not all traditions are good.

Also saying "that's why the numbers go 1 2 3" makes absolutely no sense, as if in 1928 Herbert Chapman was thinking of how he could make life easier for people writing on the internet. :lol:

Christ, I was joking man :) 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Would go something like:

Karius

Trippier

Botman

Schar

Livramenton

Longstaff

Bruno

Willock

Gordon

Isak

Barnes

Can’t see Willock starting just yet.

Imagine he’ll have another couple of sub appearances first given how long he’s been out.

Not sure I’d start Isak or Willock for this. Granted our options are limited but we’re just asking for a problem if we do.

I’d put Gordon up top, Almiron on the wing and then keep Miley in for Willock.

It should still be more than good enough to beat Blackburn. Even if we’re struggling we can bring both off the bench.

Blackburn are a Championship team, we've been knocked out of cups by much worse teams than them. Given this is the most meaningful game left in the season I would go as strong as possible. 

Maybe not start Willock and Isak I guess, but I'd like to see them play at least a half.

Hopefully Barnes is the one to grab a couple of goals for us.

Think we’ll see the main XI thrown out.

Karius-Tripps,Schar,Botman,Burn-Willock,Bruno,Longstaff-Gordon,Isak,Almiron

Big game, back to the ones who delivered under Howe last season. Same approach as to Sunderland away.

Karius

Burn

Jamal

Schar

Livra

Miley

Bruno

Longstaff

Murphy

Isak

Barnes

I'd rest Botman, two big games this week both need to win IMO. I would have started Hall but thats never happening, but come on, these lot at 16th in the Champo we should be able to rotate a little here.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think we have to have one eye on Wolves, which is massive. 

Id rotate. Rest Gordon, Trippier, Botman, Bruno perhaps. Bring them off the bench if needed. Potentially start Isak if fit. 

This game is bigger than the wolves game surely ? 

Nah, we’ve played our strongest 11 in both games so far and I don’t think this will be any different. Blackburn can cause problems. They’ve got more different scorers than anyone in the top two leagues and Szmodics is a goal machine this season. Gallagher is good too. Having said that they could have a 37 year old starting at CB, so with pretty much any of our forward players running at him it will cause havoc and yeah honestly we should win easily. 

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Absolutely. Three wins from Europe potentially, with at least one of those games being against a lower table Championship club.

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It is yes, but I'd think a rotated squad should be able to do the business here.

We'll need our strongest team out to beat Wolves.

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Absolutely. Three wins from Europe potentially, with at least one of those games being against a lower table Championship club.

And just winning a trophy would be bigger.

18 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

4 wins isn't it?