Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 10/2/24 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

15 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Burn better produce a hell of a performance. If he's rinsed and it leads to us shipping goals, it's fully on Howe and inexcusable, tbh.

Think this will be a massive game for Howe tonight.

Lose this and I think he's gone.

Only so many times you can consistently pick the bloke who is costing you points, when the 35 million solution sits on your bench.

Just now, Andybiotics said:

Only so many times you can consistently pick the bloke who is costing you points, when the 35 million solution sits on your bench.

:dowiespin:

Just now, St1pe said:

I think we’ll get it done with that front 3. Shame about MGW starting I thought he was out. 

Sels to have a stinker. 

He played 120 minutes and was limping at the end mid week. He wom't be able to play at his best for very long.

Think Forest is going all out to get an early goal.

Edited by Conjo

8 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Jesus Christ.

9 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Have a word with the rabbit working the controls in your head dude.

11 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Lay off the mushrooms pre-game. 

He was always going to pick Burn. I just hope for a quick substitution if he's tormented again. Gordan will have been told to cover so let's hope his injury wasn't bad. Be a crazy gamble otherwise.

*edit* ah, forgot it would more likely be Miley covering.

Edited by JUICE690

I think the Burn issues is that Howe doesn't want to be seen to drop a player because of fan backlash. He doesn't want the players to think the fans pick the team, or for the fans to think they can pick the team.

The problem is, Burn deserves dropping. And has been holding us back for a while. So if he won't drop a player who's had a stinker and the fans have got on their back, then he's also not going to drop him if he plays well (as he is capable of), so we're left with either waiting for Burn to get injured, or waiting for him to play badly and the fans NOT have go. That latter isn't going to happen, and Burn seems the fittest player at the club, probably because he's largely incapable of running at any speed.

The other issue is even when he DID get injured, he just walked straight back into the team, seemingly his height is all-important - so I guess our other 3 players who can play left back are left waiting until Burn stops being tall.

Seems like a bit of a stubborn decision from Howe, it could definitely backfire if we lose and Burn has another stinker, could see it turning a lot of the more impatient and vocal fans against him after the noise this week

We should have enough with that attack to win the game though hopefully