Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

5 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

0:21 for the most bottleless, pathetic, cowardly attempt at a header you will ever see. Should never be seen back at the club in any capacity for that alone. Soz if this brings back PTSD for anyone.

Was that Hughes for the ‘defending’?…….awful. The header just looks like he misjudged the bounce.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

The whole trip was brilliant think Ajax were playing Inter the night before in Amsterdam, some right characters from days gone by followed us over there was a great away following 3k Mags all up for it.

They were aye! 

We fllew 9am Mon to 5pm Thurs back - an eye-opening four days in the Dam [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Team Zaius.

This post can leave the atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Weirdo behaviour, get fucked. :lol:

It was tongue in cheek first off, and that Marseille game is etched into my memory. Even still, 8.5m was decent money back then and that attempt at a header _was_ absolutely pathetic. He was shite and the did fuck all with the rest of his career though, I'll stand by that.

it totally is man :lol: 

Hugo viana. Two seasons, super talented young kid who showed signs of talent. Misjudged or “pathetic” header aside hardley sat about for wages for multiple years refusing to leave or bad mouthed the club when he left, or ever did anything of note to justify such random vitriol. We were pathetic to the man that day but blaming a young lad is odd.  Hope you don’t call a future Miley mistake pathetic. Or does that not apply?

Seen that mistake in elite football a lot and that’s just football man :lol: 

Edited by Kanji

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

This post can leave the atmosphere. 

it totally is man :lol: 

Hugo viana. Two seasons, super talented young kid who showed signs of talent. Misjudged or “pathetic” header aside hardley sat about for wages for multiple years refusing to leave or bad mouthed the club when he left, or ever did anything of note to justify such random vitriol. We were pathetic to the man that day but blaming a young lad is odd.  Hope you don’t call a future Miley mistake pathetic. Or does that not apply?

Genuinely not sure why you're upset about a hyperbolic post about Hugo Viana. His attempt to win the ball was woeful, his time here was underwhelming and his career suggests he was never cut out to be a top level footballer here or in La Liga. Either way, he left in 2006 so his footballing ability is about as relevant as patter about leaving the atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Genuinely not sure why you're upset about a hyperbolic post about Hugo Viana. His attempt to win the ball was woeful, his time here was underwhelming and his career suggests he was never cut out to be a top level footballer here or in La Liga. Either way, he left in 2006 so his footballing ability is about as relevant as patter about leaving the atmosphere. 

im good man. Just general waffling on a forum. Didn’t mean to come over the top. Team Mitchell anyway. If youze ain’t part of the toon you can feck off I say. Viana can shite header himself into running Pep out of town at this point and bringing in city legend Barton as manager. 

I remember Viana was not SBRs preferred signing and he had a tough time thinking how to fit in such a classic style no.10

He obviously has had enough talent to cut the top level. It’s just a poor transfer that ruined his career

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I remember Viana was not SBRs preferred signing and he had a tough time thinking how to fit in such a classic style no.10

He obviously has had enough talent to cut the top level. It’s just a poor transfer that ruined his career

Wrong player for the time he played here and wrong move I agree. Maybe would have been class in Spain or Italy. Lush hair mind you. Rocked the off white predators and the long sleeves too. Looked the part. 

3 hours ago, Zero said:

He never played no. 10 for any club or side in his career.

He was a centre mid, just a painfully slow one - Robson ended up pushing him out wide on the left.  I remember watching the U21 Euros in 2002 when he'd signed - he scored against England when they played our side off the park; but me and the two mates watching it just scratched our heads thinking that he looked like he'd have the same issues Veron had.

1 hour ago, lovejoy said:

I was so desperate for Viana to be great. He came with the right pedigree and I remember being excited by the signing.

Sadly he was shite, just too slow.

He was amazing in his first pre season too. I remember going to some away games vs unfit, lesser opposition and he was absolutely dominant. That heightened the disappointment when he hit the Premier League. 

Remember watching Sweden play Portugal in Gothenburg. They had Viana, Rui Costa, Figo and many others. Viana stood out massively pulling the strings and making absolutely ridiculous passes left right and centre. Swedes around me were all talking about who the hell is this player. Felt good sitting there seeing him perform so well. 

44 minutes ago, SAK said:

Good read. The guy commenting on our recruitment team praises whoever identifies foreign talent, think that’s Steve Nickson?

No I think it’s Marcel Bout now

30 minutes ago, 54 said:

Really good read, but the statement "Take the points deduction and keep Minteh" is hilariously ridiculous. :lol:

Depends what the points reduction would’ve been. Whats 4-6 points if he’s our RW answer for the next 3-5years.

Interesting article and backs up a lot of my thoughts on how things are at the club. Howe will need to adapt to Mitchell and the clubs new way of working of he will not be here much longer. 

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Interesting article and backs up a lot of my thoughts on how things are at the club. Howe will need to adapt to Mitchell and the clubs new way of working of he will not be here much longer. 

I agree.

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Interesting article but it’s basically “statsbomb developer claims using statsbomb to identify talent is proper good!”.

But it does seem to be backed up by the stats (sorry! :lol: ).

Liverpool and Brighton are the clubs who have gone heavy on the model and they do seem to be more successful in targeting players before they reach peak value.