Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

I really don't have an opinion either way. I just want someone who has a bit of something about him that isn't just simply a "center of the wheel" type person (and no disrespect to Ashworth who we probably needed to get things organized). But I'm realy looking forward to hopefully someone who is a massive data nerd with a unique approach to scouting that would pair well with Nickson and his team or someone who has the contact-book to unearth gems with the help of Nickson's team. 

Posted (edited)

Personally think we're getting one over on Man Utd, I'd bring him here as head of recruitment, and still bring in a sporting director to work alongside him. Pretty much what they wanted to do with Freedman and Ashworth. 

Freedman and Mitchell

Forgot about Nixon, can we have two head of recruitment?

Head and Deputy head of recruitment [emoji38]

Edited by mighty__mag

17 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I know, let them laugh! If he’s our choice exciting times. Can we bring a few Palace players too [emoji38]

Better make sure he reads the small print on his cone-tract, first.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Was thinking the same. 

No idea but from what we've heard, I'd take a punt on it being Mourinho's guy from Napoli.

25 minutes ago, 80 said:

No idea but from what we've heard, I'd take a punt on it being Mourinho's guy from Napoli.

Personally wouldn’t want anyone connected to Jose. Would be none stop links to him which would be annoying and unsettling.

29 minutes ago, 80 said:

Roma but aye. Tiago Pinto

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Iirc Ashworth was one of the best paid in the league so you’d imagine it would be a canny rise for him. 

Was referring more to him staying put but getting an improved contract.

Surely you don't go through a rigorous recruitment process with multiple interviews if the end goal is to angle for improved terms at your current employer.

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Personally wouldn’t want anyone connected to Jose. Would be none stop links to him which would be annoying and unsettling.

Yeah... There's every chance I'm talking shit, of course!

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Surely you don't go through a rigorous recruitment process with multiple interviews if the end goal is to angle for improved terms at your current employer.

Well I can’t say I’ve never done it in the past [emoji38]

33 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well I can’t say I’ve never done it in the past [emoji38]

Fair.

I'd understand threatening to leave or going to an interview, but this will be what, circa four interviews deep?

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair.

I'd understand threatening to leave or going to an interview, but this will be what, circa four interviews deep?

These football positions are different to the normal world, but in the normal world going all the way to the end and getting an actual offer is sometimes the only way to get a counter.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair.

It’s a good question as for interviews to take place surely permission for them needs to be asked/given which there has been no mention of with anyone. Wasn’t sure if it was a shortlisting process to then approach the top 1-3.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

These football positions are different to the normal world, but in the normal world going all the way to the end and getting an actual offer is sometimes the only way to get a counter.

Yeah we’ve had guys put their notice in, then offered incentives to stay that wouldn’t have been there before. We’ve also had guys put their notice in and were fondly waved goodbye [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm dangerously close to revealing how shite I am at climbing the career ladder here.

Prophesies young man, PROPHESIES!  :lol: :lol:  

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm dangerously close to revealing how shite I am at climbing the career ladder here.

Some employers really need the fear put up them before they pay you your worth.

Most are arseholes and couldn't give a fuck either way and love the smell of their own farts.

Apparently the other person we are talking to is Johannes Spors, global technical director of the 777 group.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Apparently the other person we are talking to is Johannes Spors, global technical director of the 777 group.

I saw the source so it is of course weak but it's an interesting link, especially if we're looking at a multi club group