Newcastle United 2-2 Bournemouth (17/02/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

You can't exactly clothesline a player in the box just because he is in an offside position :lol:

Thought the foul was pretty soft, but the holding of the shirt was probably too visible to ignore.

Just now, Checko said:

"In situations where:

a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence

an offence is committed against a player in an offside position who is already playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge" FA Law 11

Yep, I thought that was the case

The way the law works, he's pulled the shirt before the ball is kicked, but after the whistle so the offside doesn't count (can't remember the correct wording but along those lines). It's a weird law like.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Clearly not?

Looked clearly ahead to me. Impossible to tell when they didn't show the lines. 

Shirt pull started outside the box. I don't really get the rules.. because it continues inside the box its a penalty. Tbf Maybe it was always that way and I just didn't know.

I will take it though lol.