Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 2/3/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I don't expect much from this game, O'Neill seems to be able to set his sides up to make us look bad even when we are in better form than currently. Don't expect this to be any different. I'd be delighted with a flukey 1-0 win.

Tino over Trippier. Gordon more disciplined role deeper to support Burn. Whilst we can then minimise threat of Neto (even Trippier over Burn if needed), having Tino on right will give Ait Nouri something more to think about. 

Biggest worry I have is Wolves ability to dribble though the lines, nice compact midfield please and force them to move ball wide constantly. Sort of game where Joelinton will be missed. 

I’m going nervy 2-1 win. 

Fully expecting another crazy, wide open game.  Their game with Spurs was like that the other week and again at the weekend.  Sheff Utd had loads of decent chances against them and they seemed to play a really high line and/or didn't leave many back on the cover.  

Their counters and the amount of men they throw forward is kryptonite to us with the players we have available.  So I'm hoping we make a few adjustments.  The Miley-Bruno-Longstaff midfield 3 will be totally ineffective if that's what we go with again.  

I actually thought Willock looked really lively last night, despite obvious rustiness.  He was only a few loose touches and bad passes into him away from getting into some really dangerous positions.  So I'm hoping he can play a big part.  We might even get 10-15 minutes out of Anderson.  Unlike Willock, Isak still looks miles off it.  But guessing he plays and his workload is managed again.   

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Tino over Trippier. Gordon more disciplined role deeper to support Burn. Whilst we can then minimise threat of Neto (even Trippier over Burn if needed), having Tino on right will give Ait Nouri something more to think about. 

Biggest worry I have is Wolves ability to dribble though the lines, nice compact midfield please and force them to move ball wide constantly. Sort of game where Joelinton will be missed. 

I’m going nervy 2-1 win. 

Trippier is essential, we can barely build up with him even less without out him.

We were torn apart in the last game against them extremely lucky to get a point. Neto getting injured was a stroke of luck for us.

Have to make sure Neto doesn't take advantage of Burn and our easy to run through midfield.

Just now, ChrisJbarnes said:

Wolves playing Brighton tonight and with 1 day less to recover from the midweek game than us. Extra time in Brighton v Wolves would be good for us tonight. Plus we are at home. Got to win this please!

Feel like we have said this a few times recently and it’s made absolutely no difference 😂

5 hours ago, Sibierski said:

I’m going nervy 2-1 win. 

Aye let’s bench Trippier and let Burn get another bumming by Neto.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Feel like we have said this a few times recently and it’s made absolutely no difference 😂

Think it was Fulham we had two weeks off and they still looked far fitter...after they played Liverpool 3 days earlier :lol:

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Think it was Fulham we had two weeks off and they still looked far fitter...after they played Liverpool 3 days earlier :lol:

Then it was Forest the other week after going to pens in the cup 3 days before, and Arsenal last week after playing in the Champions league 😂