Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 2/3/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Jordan said:

Same predictable 11 again. Definition of madness trying Burn against Neto. 

First time in a long time he will have Willock to help mind. 

8 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Neto going to target Burn again...which didn't go well for us last time vs them.

Not sure about Murphy starting either mind, he was dreadful vs Blackburn.

Then subbed for tino

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

Is Neto definitely out wide? Livescore had him upfront as Cunha is out.

He'll drift a fair bit, especially to take advantage of Burn again.

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Wouldn’t have been too mad if Burn started last week as we were going to be a lot deeper and they’re strong on set pieces. Thought Tino would be perfect for these home games where we’re looking to dominate the ball. 

Don't know why we spent £40 million on Tino to sit him on the bench, it's hardly development player money 

Really hope Howe is justified in sticking with Burn and that he has a solid game. The optics where people have been screaming out for Tino ahead of Burn for months, only for him to be thrown in against Arsenal and immediately benched again afterwards isn't good.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Really hope Howe is justified in sticking with Burn and that he has a solid game. The optics where people have been screaming out for Tino ahead of Burn for months, only for him to be thrown in against Arsenal and immediately benched again afterwards isn't good.

Yip hung out to dry then dropped if this was Pardew, or Bruce folk would be spitting feathers.

Edited by Whitley mag

7 minutes ago, Pearljam10 said:

Eddie is so bad at rotating

Agreed. He needs to change things up when we play vs certain teams. There‘s no code for it, like, it’s a difficult thing to do, but still. I’m not sure he’ll ever yield, FWIW, even if the new physio comes in and reads him the riot act.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Thought Almiron deserved a start after Tuesday.  He was great. Murphy was bad.  

I wouldn’t mind the Burn thing except he started Livra at Arsenal. That doesn’t look great in retrospect.  

Can’t imagine it’s doing wonders for Livra’s motivation 

Think it’s a robust team in the circumstances, ignoring the obvious Tino-Burn, Miley-Longstaff debate. The bench actually looks quite strong.

We’re short Pope, Wilson, Tonali and Joelinton but we have a lot of options compared with the Gillespie, Parkinson, Diallo, Ndiewini days of November and December.

Just now, Holmesy said:

Can’t imagine it’s doing wonders for Livra’s motivation 

It might have been to protect Burn’s remaining confidence?

It doesn’t matter much what Livra does. He’s warming bench.  Shame for the lad.  

I still don’t think he’s got too many options to rotate so not sure where people are coming from.

Tino is the only one that should arguably be starting 

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

He really needs to start rotating the squad a bit. If we get another round of injuries, his lack of rotation will have been a factor.

Not a dig, but do people actually want rotation, or is it just another way of saying 'drop Burn and or x player'.

Like if the back 5 was Karius, Krafth, Lascelles, Burn, Tino. 

Would people be praising Howe for rotating or slating him for not putting out what on paper is our best team.

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

Not a dig, but do people actually want rotation, or is it just another way of saying 'drop Burn and or x player'.

Would people be praising Howe for rotating or slating him for not putting out what on paper is our best team.

Right? :lol:

There's only 2 positions on the pitch up for grabs.

The only thing I have a problem with is Isak and Willock playing three games in a week right after coming back. It will be hard to defend if either one has another setback.

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

I really do think a bit of rotation leads to a fresher squad and less injuries. So for example Tino could come in for Tripps or Burn. Barnes could come in for Gordon. 

we’ve now for the first time in months got options, and I think he should be using them. For example a 33 year old Tripps is playing his third game in a week. I get ideally you want to put your best team out every week, but margins are so small at the highest level so you’ve got to keep your team fresh.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

The only thing I have a problem with is Isak and Willock playing three games in a week right after coming back. It will be hard to defend if either one has another setback.

Both were subbed off early in both games.