FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw - Manchester City (a) - Live on BBC One

Guest reefatoon

Get in! a guaranteed loss incoming, can’t wait for the 90 minute mark so I can read all about how much Eddie got it all wrong, had no plan b and should probably get the bullet, especially after leaving Hall on the bench again.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Get in! a guaranteed loss incoming, can’t wait for the 90 minute mark so I can read all about how much Eddie got it all wrong, had no plan b and should probably get the bullet, especially after leaving Hall on the bench again.

That's a weird reaction to a bad draw. [emoji38]

FA have already confirmed that Newcastle have drawn Man City and announced that as there are no replays if the tie is level after 90 minutes it will be decided on the day by determining how many Gallagher brothers support each club. More as we get it.

Jokingly said to a mate last night. Going out would have been a blessing. To avoid the inevitable City or Liverpool away in the quarters. 

FFS :lol: 

Not sure a team has ever had worse luck with cup draws. Hopefully we get all the luck next season, instead. 

That could be 5-6, easily, the way we’re playing. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Beren said:

That's a weird reaction to a bad draw. [emoji38]

:lol: It is, but guarantee it will happen :lol:

13 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

6 successive away draws in the domestic cups this season 

is this another unwanted record? 

fuck the football gods

And our only 'generous' home draw was against....man city, champions of everything 

I wonder if we are really unlucky with draws, or in recent history we've exited them at near the first opportunity so actually going deep into cup competitions eventually just throws up big teams to our amazement [emoji38]

4 games against City in one season FFS. Can only assume if we weren't shafted out of CL knockout qualification we'd have had a two-legged tie against them to endure so we could round off the half dozen.

I’m trying to think of a scenario where we can win this game and the only possibility is they get an early red card. Whatever side they put out will be class, they’re at home and their confidence is building. Haaland’s just scored five and we have the worst chances against us conceded by a massive margin in the league in 2024. So fucking gutted about this draw

16 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Guaranteed if we'd lost that tie last night he'd have pulled ball no. 1 out at home to Coventry.

Just like how if we got through in the Champions League we’d have pulled Bayern/Real and not Sociedad like PSG did.

A bit off piste but heard a damning stat the other day that pointed out that since the inception of the EPL only 7 teams have won the EPL title.   I imagine it's only Leicester from outside the top six to have won once.  All the other titles have then been shared between the top 6.  Talk about a monopoly!!!

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I’m trying to think of a scenario where we can win this game and the only possibility is they get an early red card. Whatever side they put out will be class, they’re at home and their confidence is building. Haaland’s just scored five and we have the worst chances against us conceded by a massive margin in the league in 2024. So fucking gutted about this draw

I think they’d beat us with 9 men from the off the way we are playing tbh.

Odds of 6 away games from 7 draws is 5.47%, I think? So the kind of run you'd expect once every 18.3 years, assuming you had this many draws each year.

So it's unlucky, but not quite "Oh my god it must be rigged!!" territory quite yet.

It's shit though.