Newcastle United 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (02/03/24) | Reaction: pg 17

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Clean sheet and goals. Hopefully something to build on. We still looked short on confidence but got glimpses of it returning today. 

Big games coming up. 

We're the team that has most clean sheets at home this season. We need to show we can also do it away now.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

I actually agree with him to an extent. It was just a shit game between two average sides and we managed our chances better than them. Nervy at times when they had acres of space down their right and it was 2v1, but they did nowt with it when we were able to get a few men back in and around them. Dubs did well for one or two saves and caught well from several high crosses, but they had nowt up top which stifled them.

Decent result. Freezing cold and soaking wet but 3 points, 3 goals and a clean sheet. Onwards and upwards. 

Special mention to the season ticket holder I had the pleasure of being next to, what an afternoon they had: 

Turn up at 3.05

Call Longstaff a useless ginger twat for 30 mins

Go for a pint on 35 mins

Come back 5 mins into half time

Say “I’ve had enough of this” and leave on 80 mins 

The loyalest football supporters the world has ever had 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Decent result. Freezing cold and soaking wet but 3 points, 3 goals and a clean sheet. Onwards and upwards. 

Special mention to the season ticket holder I had the pleasure of being next to, what an afternoon they had: 

Turn up at 3.05

Go for a pint on 35 mins

Come back 5 mins into half time

Say “I’ve had enough of this” and leave on 80 mins 

The loyalest football supporters the world has ever had 

Missed out on the ballot today so sat in the crows nest watching on me ipad. Group of six lads on the table opposite asked if I wanted a ticket as they said it was too wet and cold and they couldn’t be arsed. Unfortunately seems you can’t transfer tickets once the match has started. What a waste 

Gordon was able to 'cheat' a bit in the first half not having to track back Seemdo and Neto as much as usual because Willock was back to help protect Burn, which helped us hugely with the first goal

Disagree with O’Neil, thought we largely controlled the game. They created barely anything and only managed to attack us by getting in behind and crossing from our left. We weren’t amazing but our passing and movement was much improved 

They're ravaged with injuries to be fair. I know we've had loads this season but our bench and first 11 was so much stronger than theirs today

Once Neto went off they didn't have anyone who scores

I had Wolves to go down so he's proved me wrong there, did well with Bournemouth last season and then is doing a fine job with wolves, looks set to be the next big steady midtable premier league manager to fill the Moyes or Roy role for a few years.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Mark Knopfler was looking pretty old and frail

I genuinely mistook him for Lee Charnley in some of the photos

Was much more like it today. Thought we controlled it in a fashion similar to last season and never looked in much doubt. Wolves had their best spell early second half and we brought fresh legs on to help see us through, what a rare treat!

Willock makes such a difference. There wasn't a bad performance in black and white today but having him in there helps us so much both going backwards and forwards.

Tino's goal was magic too. Topped off a great day. Everyone got it spot on, Howe included.

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I had Wolves to go down so he's proved me wrong there, did well with Bournemouth last season and then is doing a fine job with wolves, looks set to be the next big steady midtable premier league manager to fill the Moyes or Roy role for a few years.

Yeah, agree, but he’s less defensive minded than those 2. I like him, he’s a good manager, seems a decent fella. They had good spells on the ball, but did fuck all with it.

0 big chances to our 5 and 2 missed chances for an xG of .69 (niiiice :pow:) to our 2.37.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

That new version of Local Hero is wank, btw.  Bring back the classic against West Ham please.

My main downside of the day tbh. :lol:

Goals, clean sheet, substitutes and I'm glad I wore my big coat. Lovely stuff.