Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United (11/03/24) | Reaction: pg 45

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Positives - 2 great goals and managed to nick a goal back to help our goal dif. 

Negatives - erm. Everything else. 

I think that late goal gives something positive to close the game out. But it’s just masking a horrendous performance.

We have had some awful performances and results this season. But for how bad the opposition were on the night. This feels like one of the most frustrating. Feels just as much like points dropped as Luton and Bournemouth the way it’s gone.  

Positives :yao:

Slack defending costing us again.

And fucking Longstaff.  Stay on your fucking feet and stop begging the ref for free kicks when you lose the ball in fair tackles.

Just now, Chrisjraby said:

This season's has to be one of the worst Chelsea teams we've played in a long time, and yet we just cannot seem to beat the fuckers

Gusto and palmer aside they are awful, that said we were too and I’m not sure any of our players caught the eye.

Feels like we are the only team who can manage to lose to Chelsea these days. They were definitely there to be beat, but we wanted the loss more.

1 minute ago, Chrisjraby said:

This season's has to be one of the worst Chelsea teams we've played in a long time, and yet we just cannot seem to beat the fuckers

Except we have beaten them

Dont beat Man City at weekend, I can see us totally writing the season off.

Going to be brutal few months. If we got players who need surgery, just get it done and accept its a shit season and after November, been one massive L. 

You’ll not see a worse midfield performance. Absolutely rancid performance, result and evening as per at Chelsea. We should just fuck off playing them away. Save us a hassle. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Nobody wants to just say it. Should he be sacked tonight?

Not tonight but in the near future imo. Get Michel or Mourinho in.

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

[emoji38]

Obviously I don’t. I just find it odd how many people hint at it but won’t come out and say it.

Edited by Shearergol

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I just want to know how we've gone from the defense we had last season, the defense we've had this season...

And where was Longstaff tonight? Worse than the invisible man!

Well I hope he stays invisible because I never want to see him again.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not good enough. The worst thing about it for me is that aside from Gusto and Palmer, they were and are absolutely shite. I can't put it down to injuries and fatigue here, we just weren't good enough and didn't compete where it mattered against a team I consider a soft touch.

We've thrashed better teams who've put in 10x the performance and quality that Chelsea put in tonight. I know football is not that simple but it stuck in my mind and felt relevant tonight.

A couple of really standout abject performances for me. I'm sure it's a bit of a knee-jerk but I'm sick of Longstaff now. He grafts his arse off and covers well but he's been woeful on the ball for a while now. Dubravka has been in good form but had one of those Dubravka performances where some of the conceded goals just don't look right.

Dubravka: 3

Livramento: 7

Schär: 5

Botman: 4

Burn: 5.5

Longstaff: 3

Bruno: 5

Willock: 6.5

Almiron: 4

Isak: 7

Gordon: 4 Murphy: 7

Decent ratings but 6.5 to Willock seems really generous compared to the others. 

Just absolutely frustrating as fuck. Probably the most frustrated I've been all season. 

We can take solace from the fact it doesn't change a huge amount in the grand scheme of things; the skirmish for 7th will probably play out until the very end. 

Just maddening that we've pissed away a really good opportunity due to a thoroughly limp fucking performance.

Stamford Bridge has always been a bogey ground, but that was a pretty rotten 2nd half, particularly defensively. Perhaps one eye on his coming Saturday? Who knows. Play like that v Man City and it will be the expected whitewash.

Only positives were Tino, who was probs MoM for us - as well as Isak's and Murph's goals. Oh - and no booking for Bruno.

Got to hope Gordon is OK.

Edited by Big Geordie