Fulham 0-1 Newcastle United (06/04/23) | Reaction: pg 44

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

Similar to Milan away but bringing back the 3 points this time.

Nah not really, we had much more going forward than in Milan.

Such a strange game. :lol: Really poor for a while but ended really well and robbed of a 2-0 win. A bit of a swings and roundabouts situation after Everton because we should have won that and could have easily lost this, but have come out with 4 points overall.

Dubravka: 6.5

Krafth: 6

Schär: 5.5

Burn: 7.5

Hall: 6

Longstaff: 4.5

Bruno: 7.5

Willock: 5 Anderson: 6.5

Murphy: 4 Barnes: 6.5

Isak: 6.5

Gordon: 7

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Regardless of all the slagging off on here - seven from the last 9 points all within EIGHT days, great return.

Unbelievable really, considering the state of the squad at the minute.

This team keeps fighting through, even when we're in bad shape and things are looking ugly.

Got better as half wore on. Barnes the difference again.. brought the “fret”

A good week overall in terms of points. Patchy in terms of general play but we’re still in with a sniff of European places.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Such a strange game. :lol: Really poor for a while but ended really well and robbed of a 2-0 win. A bit of a swings and roundabouts situation after Everton because we should have won that and could have easily lost this, but have come out with 4 points overall.

I agree with most of this but Schar 5.5? I thought he played really well. 

Aside from some dodgy communication first half, our defence was solid there. Much, much better than it has been this season. If we can get a few more clean sheets between now and the end, then I've no worries at all.

If someone had said at 3-1 down against West Ham last week we would take 7 points from that, and the next two games everyone would have snapped their hand off. Fantastic return.

We’ve gone from conceding 2.5 per game to conceding 0.5 per game, since playing with a proper left full back and BDB in his actual position. It’s too early to say it’s a trend but we’ve looked so much better defensively the past couple of games. And Burn has been outstanding in both games. 
Our general play didn’t warrant that victory at all but keep clean sheets and you can grind out results. Fucking brilliant 3 points!

Raised the levels in the second and probably just about edged it overall. Rode our luck a little bit Dubravka didn't have too much to do in all honesty. I'll take a gritty, shit house, dirty and scrappy April win all day long though. No one will give a fuck how we got it but it wasn't exactly a classic :lol:

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I agree with most of this but Schar 5.5? I thought he played really well. 

Rights the wrongs from Tuesday that. 7 from 9 from these fixtures would have always been decent. Just did it an odd way round.

Top quality second half. First half hour of the game was one of the worst of the season. But we had plenty of chances the last 45 and almost felt like we shaded it in the end on chances. 

Just now, KaKa said:

Unbelievable really, considering the state of the squad at the minute.

This team keeps fighting through, even when we're in bad shape and things are looking ugly.

Also people keep having a pop at halls defensive skills but correct me if I’m wrong but in last three games none of the goals we conceded was when he was on the pitch.

Just now, madras said:

Didn't we have the best chances and a goal ruled out for nowt ?

Aye, Fulham had a lot of the ball but we're terrible in the final 3rd. 

I don't think Fulham looked particularly dangerous at any point. They had a lot of energy and possession. A few long-ish shots. Nowt to say they fully deserved the game or even close.

Then once Barnes came on, we looked the better team and genuinely did start to threaten their goal way more than they had managed.

Alarmingly weak first half, but also very solid defensively. 

Second half is very good, creating lots and held on without any scares. 

VAR is just a joke. Fulhams player backing into Burn. Happens on every set piece, and none of them ends up being close to the ball. Thankfully means nothing. 

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Aside from some dodgy communication first half, our defence was solid there. Much, much better than it has been this season. If we can get a few more clean sheets between now and the end, then I've no worries at all.

And as I said earlier- we’re the first team to stop Fulham from scoring in all competitions in over two months.

as badly as we played at times I think we had much better openings and chances overall, and Schar very unlucky not to score 

haven't seen the xg but imagine we came out well on top 

Great result considering we were without 11 players, they had a fully fit squad and defent home record 

Barnes and Anderson good off the bench - we've really missed that so much this season 

fingers crossed Willock is okay