Newcastle United 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur (13/04/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

Van de Ven is getting loads of stick and rightly so.  We had to hear how he was the best centre back since Maldini. All because he’s a specimen, strong and fast as fuck. Suits their system, sure and looks a great player. But settle down will ya. He’s forever making last ditch tackles. 

But living down south and speaking to a load of neutrals and Spurs supporting mates. Surely Romero deserves more blame? VdV actually stopped more goals after some of his howlers. But Romero was all over the place.

Always desperate to get tight, has to be the main man getting stuck in and is attracted to the ball like a moth to a flame. I’d be royally fucked off as a Spurs fan. Giving it the big numbers at the end. Where was that fight during the game? 

I can’t have him at all. I get why you’d like him as a fan. As he is a good footballer and aggressive as fuck. But he’s a complete clown show of a defender a lot of the time. 

45 minutes ago, nufcmichael said:

Newcastle United Denmark gathered in Århus today for the game. Can you spot the former Newcastle player? :)

437157902_10162054440058783_626822765817500935_n.jpg

yes. the fat bloke in a black and white shirt. those beers look a bit flat, the last time i was there i paid 20 quid for a half pint with a full head. 

nothing better than celebrating with mates. :)

Absolutely class game to be there with the boy. We always walk out past the away fans as he likes the atmosphere. As our fans were singing ‘it’s a long way back to London when you’re shit’ I looked down at him and he was looking back with a ridiculously smug grin :aww:

43 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Van de Ven is getting loads of stick and rightly so.  We had to hear how he was the best centre back since Maldini. All because he’s a specimen, strong and fast as fuck. Suits their system, sure and looks a great player. But settle down will ya. He’s forever making last ditch tackles. 

But living down south and speaking to a load of neutrals and Spurs supporting mates. Surely Romero deserves more blame? VdV actually stopped more goals after some of his howlers. But Romero was all over the place.

Always desperate to get tight, has to be the main man getting stuck in and is attracted to the ball like a moth to a flame. I’d be royally fucked off as a Spurs fan. Giving it the big numbers at the end. Where was that fight during the game? 

I can’t have him at all. I get why you’d like him as a fan. As he is a good footballer and aggressive as fuck. But he’s a complete clown show of a defender a lot of the time. 

He'd drive me insane as a fan, always a bad sign when a CB is gasping to get involved. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

He'd drive me insane as a fan, always a bad sign when a CB is gasping to get involved. 

Yeah. I get why some fans would like him. That’s not to say I would or do like him. The bloke’s radio rental. Can’t help himself. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Anyone else hear that annoying women screaming on the highlights or is it just me? 

Reminds me of the lady at Arsenal. 

This is what I expected us to do at their place given their high line but we were decimated and Gordon was struggling for any pace that day, glad all that gloating came back on them today.

5 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Make no mistake this lot got cooked today. Might be my favourite performance of the season outside the PSG game.

I thought it was kind of similar in that PSG kept playing it out from the back even though our press kept catching them out. They never learnt and they were eventually punished. Spurs were the same.

17 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

I thought it was kind of similar in that PSG kept playing it out from the back even though our press kept catching them out. They never learnt and they were eventually punished. Spurs were the same.

Baffles me the amount of times this happens and the opposition don't adjust in any way.

Good for us, but if I was a Spurs today I'd be so angry that it was never addressed during the 90+ mins when it clearly wasn't working.

Dunno what thread this belongs on......but match of the day analysis was a fucking joke

The premier game of the day relegated behind man city who have spent more the last couple of years than Luton have spent in their history and probably the most predictable encounter in premier league history.

Some kind words for isak but basically lamenting over spurs 'mistakes'. Of Elliot Anderson had farted for man utd today they be talking England call up if he isn't a full Scotland cap yet 

Micah Richards is so shit it's embarrassing and keown has hated us for a while 

35 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Dunno what thread this belongs on......but match of the day analysis was a fucking joke

The premier game of the day relegated behind man city who have spent more the last couple of years than Luton have spent in their history and probably the most predictable encounter in premier league history.

Some kind words for isak but basically lamenting over spurs 'mistakes'. Of Elliot Anderson had farted for man utd today they be talking England call up if he isn't a full Scotland cap yet 

Micah Richards is so shit it's embarrassing and keown has hated us for a while 

Spent more time talking about how shit Spurs were than how we actually played

31 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

It was even worse in the following game, Bournemouth v ManU (predictably).

That's what the pundits and broadcasters do, unfortunately. They're all in thrall to ManU, especially, but all the heavyweight clubs at top. If we become regular top 4 material, they'd focus more on us. 

46 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

They could have made more about the haptic shirts we've pioneered and all the good work on them too, if it'd been one of the red team they'd have been spunking over it.

6 hours ago, 54 said:

"Take this team down to the vets and tell the fans they've got to live on a farm" is iconic tbh :lol: 

I didn't even know this was a thing. 

Slightly baffled if I'm honest but a particular shout out to "game is far from over". 

4 hours ago, Convict said:

yes. the fat bloke in a black and white shirt. those beers look a bit flat, the last time i was there i paid 20 quid for a half pint with a full head. 

nothing better than celebrating with mates. :)

Well narrows it down to three or four. Care to point him out and name him?