Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United: 24/4/24 @ 20:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

On 14/04/2024 at 13:33, Sibierski said:

Think 10 points would be a great return. 63 points will be enough for top 7 with our GD IMO. 

Doubt we’ll need that many points for 7th. I reckon 60 might be enough for 6th this season. 

By the time we play these we should have a good idea of what each place means for Europe. It would be a disaster if the coefficent swings Germanys favour and Chelsea beat City in the cup. Meaning we could finish 6th and get conf league. 

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Great that we've got a rest over the weekend while these play. Livramento and Hall probably back. Willock perhaps? 

Nope.

Was just having a look at their results since Glasner came in:

Palace 3-0 Burnley 

Spurs 3-1 Palace

Palace 1-1 Luton

Forest 1-1 Palace 

Bournemouth 1-0 Palace 

Palace 2-4 City

Liverpool 0-1 Palace

Thought he'd been better than that. The win at Anfield was his first since dispatching ten man Burnley.

These are playing West Ham on Sunday, hopefully it's a hard physical match. Anything that aids us or weakens them is most welcome.

It'll be interesting to see what plan Howe has for dealing with there wide players as they're pivotal to Palace.

On 16/04/2024 at 18:45, The Prophet said:

Was just having a look at their results since Glasner came in:

Palace 3-0 Burnley 

Spurs 3-1 Palace

Palace 1-1 Luton

Forest 1-1 Palace 

Bournemouth 1-0 Palace 

Palace 2-4 City

Liverpool 0-1 Palace

Thought he'd been better than that. The win at Anfield was his first since dispatching ten man Burnley.

I have a feeling that they will build on that win though. Olise is getting back, Eze is there, and Mateta found some form. Might be a tough one this.

Edited by Erikse

No result would really shock me, we are poor away from home, they produce similar form to the liverpool game could see them winning and tearing us apart on break with olise and eze both really good. Can also seeing them being utterly limp and uninspiring and us hitting them for a few. I really struggle to place this one lol

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

No result would really shock me, we are poor away from home, they produce similar form to the liverpool game could see them winning and tearing us apart on break with olise and eze both really good. Can also seeing them being utterly limp and uninspiring and us hitting them for a few. I really struggle to place this one lol

Them playing Sunday may be key! 

5 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Gutted to have to wait for this, momentum is building, hope we continue this great form we've hit.

Given the squad shortages, I’m ok with it tbh - an extra few days’ rest.  I’m going for a 3-1 win down there

Unfortunately see West Ham with a massive Euro hangover and it being a 1-0 win to Palace. Couple of muscle injuries for Olise and Eze would help.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Given the squad shortages, I’m ok with it tbh - an extra few days’ rest.  I’m going for a 3-1 win down there

You think they’ll score three?!

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Unfortunately see West Ham with a massive Euro hangover and it being a 1-0 win to Palace. Couple of muscle injuries for Olise and Eze would help.

Would be a good result for us though to be honest. It keeps West Ham behind us, and Palace would be virtually safe and ready for the beach.

5 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Obviously there'll be ways to find it, but bizarre this isn't on UK TV given the time it's on. That's peak TNT hour

Everton v Liverpool is chosen by Sky. Can't argue with the choice especially for any neutral.

3 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Everton v Liverpool is chosen by Sky. Can't argue with the choice especially for any neutral.

Hasn't realised we weren't the only show in town that evening, fair enough really 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

:lol: similar. On the one hand it's nice to relax and enjoy the footy without any NUFC tension but at the rate we're going I'm gagging for the next game.