Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 4/5/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Really hope it's not 1 of our utterly shite away performances. Been far too many of them this season for me to have any confidence in us on the road.

Be brave! Press them! Be relentless! Don’t want to see us being passive, on our heels and defending deep with too many men. Show conviction. 

Soak up their pressure and hit them hard on the counter. They’re awful In recovery and leave massive space behind when losing the ball in their attacking third. They’re a pretty low energy team and have brittle confidence. Hoping Big Joe is involved off the bench, he’d destroy them. Miggy off the bench too. Of course we’ll have to feel them out early doors but once we settle into our game I feel Wilson, Isak, Gordon and Barnes can run riot. If I notice Bruno having time on the ball, I’ll know it’s a win. They’ll have their moments but for the most part we are extremely clinical (91 goals this season proves that) and all things being equal we should come away with at least a two goal cushion. 

This will be a hard game. Forest have SU so they need to win this. We have been poor away all season bar Villa and SU, but with Isak, Bruno and Gordon there is always quality to get the win. But play as we did against Palace and the first half yesterday we will have no chance.

Just now, nufc123 said:

This will be a hard game. Forest have SU so they need to win this. We have been poor away all season bar Villa and SU, but with Isak, Bruno and Gordon there is always quality to get the win. But play as we did against Palace and the first half yesterday we will have no chance.

I'm genuinely scared of this game myself, for several reasons. Some of which you mentioned.

Not confident at all after Palace and Fulham. I know we beat Fulham but the performance was terrible. There's a good chance Man Utd could drop points away to Palace so it'd be a big 3 points if we can get the win. 

We'll win but it won't be as straightforward as we'd all like. They're better defensively than Sheff Utd but they score very few so you'd hope Isak, Gordon and Barnes should have the goals to win this.

Dubravka 

Livramento  Krafth   Burn    Hall

Longstaff   Bruno 

Gordon             Isak           Barnes

Wilson

Let's fucking av em.

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I'm genuinely scared of this game myself, for several reasons. Some of which you mentioned.

If they press us high with quality we will struggle a lot as we have seen several times lately, but do that press sluggish against us and we will finish them with our counter attack.

15 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Soak up their pressure and hit them hard on the counter. They’re awful In recovery and leave massive space behind when losing the ball in their attacking third. They’re a pretty low energy team and have brittle confidence. Hoping Big Joe is involved off the bench, he’d destroy them. Miggy off the bench too. Of course we’ll have to feel them out early doors but once we settle into our game I feel Wilson, Isak, Gordon and Barnes can run riot. If I notice Bruno having time on the ball, I’ll know it’s a win. They’ll have their moments but for the most part we are extremely clinical (91 goals this season proves that) and all things being equal we should come away with at least a two goal cushion. 

I agree mostly. While they seem to be in reasonably good form, I just think with our front three and Bruno, we should be able to find a way to bring all the points home. It's not like they have much up front which should cause us sleepless nights. We just need to work out a gameplan which will release our speedy front men and get in behind them. Playing away from home shouldn't make that much difference if we can execute properly.

Fear this will be a bad defeat with Burnley with a bit between their teeth and our away form piss poor, mixed in with being unable to cope with pace.

We win though, feels we’d be only 3 points away from Europe of some sort.