Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

1 hour ago, Vaj said:

If Tosin and Kelly both had three years left on their contracts, how much would they cost combined? £35m to £40m? Brilliant business to get them for free if we pull them both off!

Is that part of the enticement to ‘come’? 

Tap in merchant with another tweet saying "talks are advancing well". I wonder how many he'll get through the door before the deal is done, he's on 7 currently.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Magpie said:

When I click those three dots I only get these options 

IMG_2639.jpeg

you’ll want the “Mute @CraigHope_DM” option

edit: Conjo did it better :lol: 

Edited by Deuce

12 hours ago, Deuce said:

you’ll want the “Mute @CraigHope_DM” option

edit: Conjo did it better :lol: 

I'm confused by Craig Hope. So many people on here saying he's useless and to mute/block him, yet it's his word they're using as Gospel with the Ashworth story. 

Which one is it? :lol: Is he a good journo or not?

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm confused by Craig Hope. So many people on here saying he's useless and to mute/block him, yet it's his word they're using as Gospel with the Ashworth story. 

Good when it’s positive news, bad when it’s negative news.

Mute him when the news is anything against us, use as gospel if its anything pro Newcastle.

I think he's getting information by the club regarding the Ashworth thing but other than that, he's not really tier 1 for us to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Option C: I haven’t read one good journalist from the UK. The journalism rules are hella weird over there.

If you worked for a big paper/outlet over here and posted half the stuff that gets posted over there you’d be fired on the spot. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's a journo, and sometimes journos post bad news which people don't like. Injuries only happen if they're reported.

I quite like him tbh. He has a reputation for being very negative but I don't think that's the case. Certainly watching his post match reports on youtube he doesn't come across as such.

If anything I would say the fact he's a fan of the club (as far as I know, - his son certainly is) means he's not always the most objective. He does the thing you've mentioned all fans do of overrating his club's home-grown players a bit for example.

He will be pro-Newcastle (he fucking loves Eddie Howe), so definitely worth bearing that in mind but he is knowledgeable about the club as far as I know.

He was reporting about there being an informal agreement between Ashworth and Man U back in mid Feb for example (which turned out to be true it seems) before any official contact made, so he's not clueless.

Edited by Checko
Assumed this question was in the Ashworth thread

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

Ornstein is probably the only reputable journo here to be fair

Facts he always gives neutral answers makes him a safe pair of hands. 

2 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

I don’t like the fact that Romano keeps tweeting about this. It suggests Tosin’s agent is prompting him to do so. 

I don't think so, I just think it is his style. Especially when there isn't much happening elsewhere at the moment so he just regurgitates news to stay relevant. 

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's a good journo, but also a bit of a shit stirrer.

His rumours on targets are scattergun, but he does tend to be fed a lot of news before other NE journos, whether it's something in the camp or transfer related. As the club has become better ran, there's been less and less of that though.

Given he writes for the Daily Mail in the clickbait era, the lack of info also leads him to sensationalise pretty mundane stuff for a headline.

On Craig Hope, he's genuinely an excellent journalist or should I say, I agree with 90% of what he says. I watch all of his YouTube videos and the bloke makes alot of sense.

From a pure journalism perspective, he's a classic hack, always looking for a scoop or a story and sometimes his stories have sensationalist headlines which seem like shitstirring... but that's his job. He's there to sell papers and get clicks.

He's like that Team America bit, dicks fuck pussies, but dicks also fuck assholes. 

He seems to have good sources too.