Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

That’s a real shame and will affect our summer in a big way. Not a transformative player by any means but would have meant more funds for the other holes in the first team.

Frustrating to lose out on him but not entirely unexpected tbh. Chelsea can and will offer him things we can't and he's made his decision based on his own priorities. Would have liked him here but he's chosen elsewhere so we just need to move on and find another CB, not the end of the world

There are better CB out there than him, but the deal would've been perfect for us this summer. 

They need to pull their fingers out and get those commercial deals so this summer isn't wasted. 

Posted (edited)

Be disappointing if he does go to Chelsea as he would add pace at the back, which we lack, and would beef up our squad at a good value. His ability to pass the ball forward would fit us well.

Still, for a bit of copium, here's a short thread on him leaving on a Fulham board:

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=93853.0

General consensus seems to be he was a good value signing, & premier league quality player but not as good as he thinks he is. Good enough for them and mid table but he'd be on the bench in a Europe chasing team. Can be good on the ball but can also be careless and has a mistake in him defensively (from FB ref his short and medium passing completion is well below average, though his long passing is good).

22/3 he only played 61% of the time even though no injuries so often wasn't first choice in a mid table fulham, though largely first choice this year.

Obviously if he does end up signing for us all this changes & he's unequivocally amazing, but I don't think we've missed out on the next Jaap Stam at least.

Edited by Checko

Not even in the slightest bit surprised. Romano tweeted about this saga and us being in talks in excess of 5 times. His agent was using Romano to get him a better contract.

I had preferred this over Kelly due to needing a RCB and his height and the fact he came from Man City but let’s hope it’s like when we missed out on Joao Pedro and got Isak

There was always a danger that Chelsea or Man U would come in and offer him way more money. The rules simply don’t permit us to compete with them financially.

From our perspective, we can probably get a better player but it’ll massively impact what we can spend elsewhere. We might have to use loans again for RW and ST. Maybe something can be arranged with Juve for Huijsen and Soule. 

We're always going to struggle competing for high profile free agents when it's basically a straight shootout on wages/agents fees. Throw in no Europe and the fact he won't even have to move house for this move and it's not a big surprise IMO.

I'm hopefully we can find a value signing at CB instead but I'd say there's a good chance we go for a budget keeper instead now or gamble on Pope's fitness.

Can't say I'm all that bothered. 

If he takes a look at Chelsea and us, and decide that for some weird reason that Chelsea's project look better than us's, then he's free to fuck himself over.

Chelsea are one of the most successful British clubs in his life time and have finished above us in the league all but once in 20 years maybe?

unless they are a fan then there won’t be many that pick us over them.

When it looked like it was possible he'd be coming my thoughts were that he'd need to improve somewhat to become a 1st choice player. There's got to be several same level alternatives around. I'm pretty nonplussed by this. 

Posted (edited)

If we were genuinely in for him and he’s decided he’d rather stay in West London and earn more money but in an overpaid bloated squad with a mentalist owner and unproven manager then that’s his prerogative, but I reckon he’s not the right sort of player for NUFC 

People need to want to come here for what’s happening on the pitch and being part of the evolution of this club 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Posted (edited)

No need to move houses, better wages, Europe and will most likely pick up a trophy or two on the way.

Absolute no brainer for him sadly.

Edited by The Butcher