Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

8 minutes ago, LRD said:

He hasn't played a game for Chelsea yet so can still be transferred in this window. I rather he had played over the weekend and be tied to Chelsea though. The ship has sailed and he has made his decision - we move on. Don't want him here.

So they can transfer him but not loan him (to another PL team)?

2 hours ago, midds said:

No sympathy whatsoever, he knew exactly what he was getting involved with, if he's already been deemed to be not required for European football then that's 100% on him. You sleep with dogs you end up with fleas. Fuck him

Well put :)

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

If he does go on to have a completely anonymous bench-bound career at Chelsea he has absolutely no one to blame but himself. Just like every other person that’s gone to Chelsea in the last three-four windows. You want to go to Mercenary FC? Enjoy being treated worse than dogshit

The poor man’s Winston Bogarde

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I mean they basically sacked Poch cause he wanted his own players - Enzo Maresca is basically a yes man to their project

Then immediately signed Dewsbury-Hall, doubt that wasn’t a Maresca signing

12 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Then immediately signed Dewsbury-Hall, doubt that wasn’t a Maresca signing

Wondered why he wasn’t playing for Leicester last night.

Seems like every time you think ‘what’s happened to player X?’, the default answer should be that he’s signed for Chelsea.

4 hours ago, Boey_Jarton said:

Their original plan was probably to do this. Loan for a year , offsetting 50-75 percent of wages , and then sell after one to two years for 100 percent PSR profit.

PSR is a joke. Deals that make little economic sense in the real world, make perfect sense in the PSR world. The tail is wagging the dog. 

Not really a PSR thing that. If they do manage to sell him for a decent wedge then it's just pure profit. You'd want that regardless of PSR. 

8 hours ago, Disco said:

They can redo the squad for the group for the stage if they progress.

Looking at that they have been docked a few spaces due to serious lack of home-grown players. 

Just now, Fezzle said:

Looking at that they have been docked a few spaces due to serious lack of home-grown players. 

Hilarious consequence of how they managed things, the one club which shouldn’t struggle for homegrown players is them :lol:

Re Tosin I’ve got no issues, it’s his choice after all. At the end of the day he has to maximise his earnings it’s a short career. Ultimately a very small percentage of players will achieve win trophies etc so getting to the bag is the best option for a pragmatic player. 

You have to wonder why he is dropped, that likely he is deemed not good enough / worse than the likes of Badiashile and Disasi

We might dodged a bullet

11 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Yup, meaning hard choices and small squad.

43 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Hilarious consequence of how they managed things, the one club which shouldn’t struggle for homegrown players is them :lol:

Re Tosin I’ve got no issues, it’s his choice after all. At the end of the day he has to maximise his earnings it’s a short career. Ultimately a very small percentage of players will achieve win trophies etc so getting to the bag is the best option for a pragmatic player. 

Apparently they paid him the same as what we offered to.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

You have to wonder why he is dropped, that likely he is deemed not good enough / worse than the likes of Badiashile and Disasi

We might dodged a bullet

Either way Tosin was a ridiculous buy for them.

Think it's a case of him being a giant English, PL experienced club captain available for nothing and they jumped on him. A solid squad player for top 6 sides but not much more. Not the first English player to be overrated, not even an England regular.

He is now in a squad with some of the highest rated prospects in Europe, albeit talent woefully mismanaged. No wonder he is finding himself near the back of the line. He simply isn't that good In comparison.

Think that’s unfair, and a very high opinion that Chelsea squad is packed with talent.

Tosin has shown more promise than Fofana, who’s now into his 5th season and probably will break down again. Think it’s more Maresca isn’t keen because he’s not suitable for his style, which is more on the manager rather than actual ability.

Players opt for the wage at Chelsea and know exactly the situation they’re walking into so I don’t have much sympathy for him. Chances are he’ll get limited playing time and end up moving on 🤷‍♂️ 

Dewsbury-Hall is at Chelsea 

What the fuck 

If you went into the chill out area at Cobham and slipped a hand down the back of the sofa, you’d find at least 5 or 6 players amongst the crumbs and loose change  

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

What the fuck 

If you went into the chill out area at Cobham and slipped a hand down the back of the sofa, you’d find at least 5 or 6 players amongst the crumbs and loose change  

Great description 😂

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

What the fuck 

And they'll be the type you remember but haven't really missed, like, as you say putting your hand down the back of the sofa and "Oooh there's the spare patio door key.....and a dead battery"

You go to Chelsea for money, that's the only real reason. So I assume anyone who went there isn't really a career or achievement-motivated player, not primarily anyway. 

I don't blame them but they can't be surprised when they don't get games. 

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You go to Chelsea for money, that's the only real reason. So I assume anyone who went there isn't really a career or achievement-motivated player, not primarily anyway. 

I don't blame them but they can't be surprised when they don't get games. 

I wonder if they actually gave more than us, probably a little more? Media says about the same, but that is just wages.

Edited by Erikse