Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

Just now, STM said:

I would argue the release clause suits us more than anyone. Expires before the psr window closes so drastically shortens the options this year given how every cunt is skint. Well except the ones allowed to cheat and he won't go to most of those

It's absolutely petty as fuck but I do really hope he doesn't get a kick at Chelsea and his career goes to shite.

He'll probably have 12 million quid in the bank when he retires instead of 10 though, which is the main thing.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Been reported by their media since the takeover happened. They have a strict wage cap.

Ahh, never seen that and i don’t believe it for a second either.

Chelsea will pay him what would be equivalent to a top earner or close for us. 

I would assume the highest wage defender we have is Trippier at about 100-120k. I don’t think Tosin would get paid as much as him but he might be close.  Chelsea will surely pay him that or a little more. 

Really disappointing, but as we aren't in Europe not sure it's as big a deal as it would have been, as we really would have needed a quality, experienced, right sided centre back option then.

There was a big report yesterday that Sporting had slashed the fee for Diomande and would be considering bids from £35 million for him, and I thought Chelsea would be involved in that. Maybe we turn our attention to that instead now?

The likely impact of this situation is that it means our spend on the right wing and goal keeper positions both get capped at a lower figure now, which means we'll have to be creative, but that's sometimes when we do our best in the market. Should be interesting.

At least the decision has now been made quite quickly, and we have a clear idea of how to move forward.

1 hour ago, Memphis said:

And as far as FFP is concerned, let's say Chelsea are offering 60k more per week than we are, that's the equivalent of an extra £16 million of transfer fee on a player we would sign to a 5 year deal. That's not nothing and not only would it blow up our wage structure, it would negate a lot of the perceived advantages of a free transfer.

Even more so, if club viewed him as someone who’s part of a collective group of CBs, rather than an absolute must buy CB and first name on team sheet.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Chelsea can afford to give him a big wage with no transfer fee involved. We would still be hampered with our wage restrictions. 

Probably offered him shares in a hotel too. 

47 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There was a big report yesterday that Sporting had slashed the fee for Diomande and would be considering bids from £35 million for him, and I thought Chelsea would be involved in that.

oh, they’ll be having him too.

He was in the perfect position as a free agent really when two clubs that pay mental wages in Chelsea and Man U were interested. 

It doesn't really matter what state either club are in either, both will still be a big pull for players regardless. 

Either way we will only be getting players that want to be here for the right reasons.

More annoyed at myself falling for yet another "nailed on" signing when they predictably ends up elsewhere.

This is why I never like to spend too much time drooling over players who haven't been confirmed. Some posters have written pages outlining his qualities and how great a signing he'll be for us, and now it turns out all those wonderful attributes he'll bring to the table will go to Chelsea.

While I appreciate the insights, it's not worth building up all the expectation only to get slapped in the face at the end. All on the back of new thread maestro Jumpin' Gun Jack. :lol:

There is one key upside to this deal falling through.

Had we signed him, I think he would have been given assurances as a starter, and initially there would have been a strong likelihood he lined up alongside Schar, with Burn at left back.

If we can instead now get a younger right sided prospect to cover for Schar, then both Schar and Burn can start the season at centre back.

We really need to keep Burn away from left back going forward now.

This is an example of why we need to shop away from the premier league. The top 5 just hoover up all the talent that will progress a team like us. If he didn't go to Chelsea, he'd have likely gone to Man U. Wasted time and effort.