Burnley 1-4 Newcastle United (4/5/24) - Post-match reaction from page 31

Yorkie

Fairly confident Kompany will go on to have a very good career in management. Sadly, the type of football he wants to play isn’t a good match for the quality of the Burnley players up against most teams in this league

26 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fairly confident Kompany will go on to have a very good career in management. Sadly, the type of football he wants to play isn’t a good match for the quality of the Burnley players up against most teams in this league

Depends if he widens his transfer dealings further than just signing Man City or Belgian based players imo

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He's alright, that lad.

God, just seeing those Sports Direct signs all over the place just made me stop the video instanly, I can't deal with it.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

IMG_2128.thumb.jpeg.8d6cdd96f5ad4e5ea81c296ed9a8249c.jpeg

And taking to Instagram after the game, Staveley revealed her pride at the result. She said: “A huge congratulations to @nufc on today’s performance. What an outstanding match - I’m so proud of each and every member of this Club 🖤🤍

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_2128.thumb.jpeg.8d6cdd96f5ad4e5ea81c296ed9a8249c.jpeg

And taking to Instagram after the game, Staveley revealed her pride at the result. She said: “A huge congratulations to @nufc on today’s performance. What an outstanding match - I’m so proud of each and every member of this Club 🖤🤍

That’s kind of her but I feel I had very little to do with the win today.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

That’s kind of her but I feel I had very little to do with the win today.

Don't talk yourself down, mate, couldn't have done it without you :thup:

Underrated or just accepted without comment because he's that good it's the norm BUT for Wilson's goal, that faintest of touches by Isak was sublime. 

Keeper's leg in the right place at the right time or it was an awesome goal. 

Just seen the half-hour highlights.

Quite surprised that Bruno's shove on the opponent's back didn't result in a pen, but I was equally surprised when Hughes's shove on Longstaff a few days ago wasn't given. If you've been brought down by a tackle rather than a push, it seems that you stand more chance of getting the decision.

Booking Wilson for diving seemed a bit harsh, considering that he quickly got up again and decided against trying to con the ref. 

Anyway, overall, our attacking play looked really good.

31 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Underrated or just accepted without comment because he's that good it's the norm BUT for Wilson's goal, that faintest of touches by Isak was sublime. 

Keeper's hand, me bad

27 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Quite surprised that Bruno's shove on the opponent's back didn't result in a pen, but I was equally surprised when Hughes's shove on Longstaff a few days ago wasn't given. If you've been brought down by a tackle rather than a push, it seems that you stand more chance of getting the decision.

Booking Wilson for diving seemed a bit harsh, considering that he quickly got up again and decided against trying to con the ref. 

more of a pel than the longstaff one.

57 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Yeah I've just seen the goal again this morning and it's a fantastic save, that's going in 9 times out of 10. 

On Livramentos chance, the other player closest to the goal was Lewis Hall.

Both of them are insanely attacking.

Livramento more of a physical fullback, like someone like Reece James, where as Hall is more in the Trippier mould.

41 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Half hour highlights? What is this?

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Half hour highlights? What is this?

Usually, after about 10pm on Saturdays, Sky show highlights of every Premiership game - roughly half an hour per game.

15 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Did I hear correctly during the game that the stoppage time was sponsored by a local Burnley furniture supplier [emoji38]

I mean if so we're missing a trick for not bringing in 100 million, getting different sponsors for every minute of the game. 

Let's have the concept of time itself sponsored.

44 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Yeah I've just seen the goal again this morning and it's a fantastic save, that's going in 9 times out of 10. 

We might yet buy another Burnley keeper! Despite conceding four, I thought he had a good game. 

53 minutes ago, STM said:

On Livramentos chance, the other player closest to the goal was Lewis Hall.

Both of them are insanely attacking.

Would've been absolutely amazing had Tino somehow found him at the back post. :lol:

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Extended highlights, 3min 18sec, two of our players in their 6yd box. 

Our full backs. 

Bodes well for the future 😍

Felt like Eddie was experimenting with something for next season, yesterday. I like it...

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We might yet buy another Burnley keeper! Despite conceding four, I thought he had a good game. 

Trafford could be an interesting one even though he's lost his place.

Could go one of two ways this summer. Go big for the Georgian keeper to be instant number 1, or someone with big potential like Trafford who'd be number 2 for a season or two while Pope is first choice.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Trafford could be an interesting one even though he's lost his place.

Could go one of two ways this summer. Go big for the Georgian keeper to be instant number 1, or someone with big potential like Trafford who'd be number 2 for a season or two while Pope is first choice.

Burnley fans despise Trafford and would take any money for him judging by their forum I was reading yesterday

He looks weak as piss