Burnley 1-4 Newcastle United (4/5/24) - Post-match reaction from page 31

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Burnley fans despise Trafford and would take any money for him judging by their forum I was reading yesterday

He looks weak as piss

He's 21 in a shite team. See Pickford & Ramsdale, to a lesser extent Meslier who I still think will be a top class keeper in a few more years.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

He's 21 in a shite team. See Pickford & Ramsdale, to a lesser extent Meslier who I still think will be a top class keeper in a few more years.

Didn’t realise Trafford was so young. Might well be on our radar!

Trafford looks very very weak. I’m all for going for the big Giorgi. We don’t need tiny weak juniors in goal. 

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Trafford looks very very weak. I’m all for going for the big Giorgi. We don’t need tiny weak juniors in goal. 

We might help him beef up a bit.

Spoiler

IMG_8319.thumb.jpeg.f20835d3fc09ffb9866257f14d140840.jpegIMG_8318.thumb.jpeg.4d6b16fc5d7577c62b63b75dc1c48dcd.jpeg

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Ikon said:

At the same age Nick Pope was on loan at the likes of Aldershot, York & Welling.

If we were signing him it'd be as number 2 for a couple of years. He's already had experience out on loan and playing in the Premier League. He has huge potential. Weird thing for writing off young  keepers at relegation fodder with some. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

At the same age Nick Pope was on loan at the likes of Aldershot, York & Welling.

If we were signing him it'd be as number 2 for a couple of years. He has huge potential. Weird thing for writing off young  keepers at relegation fodder with some. 

Who said that I’m writing him off entirely? I’m talking about what we need for now or in a year or two at the very very most. I don’t see him being anywhere near what we need in a few years at least. Personally I think that if/when we go for a keeper it has to be one that is ready more or less now. What would Trafford cost? Much rather pay the extra cash and get a strong keeper in that can go straight in now or within a year or so and offer authority and calmness to the whole team. A leader in goal of high quality and strength is the way imo. Don’t think Trafford will give that I’m the near future, not even close. Keepers are different to outfield players imo. A very good keeper with decent feet alone would strengthen us NOW. I’m content with Pope for next season. But I think we can improve on him even now. Pope is good. 

Edited by Ikon

:lol: Bloody Paully.

Love how Bruno just seems to have stocked up on every possible shirt in our history for his family. I swear they're always rocking a different one.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, STM said:

Livramento more of a physical fullback, like someone like Reece James, where as Hall is more in the Trippier mould.

I think Reece James is both physical and technical. Just a shame he makes Wilson look unbreakable. England are stacked at RB but fit James would be the best RB in the world.

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, wormy said:

:lol: Bloody Paully.

Love how Bruno just seems to have stocked up on every possible shirt in our history for his family. I swear they're always rocking a different one.

It's that sort of thing that makes me think he's not going to be leaving. He clearly loves it here. 

1 hour ago, Cf said:

It's that sort of thing that makes me think he's not going to be leaving. He clearly loves it here. 

Paully?stuck with him 

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we were signing him it'd be as number 2 for a couple of years. He's already had experience out on loan and playing in the Premier League. He has huge potential. Weird thing for writing off young  keepers at relegation fodder with some. 

For every Pope, there an Alnwick.

Trafford is in the second category based on what I've seen this seasonm

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, toon25 said:

For every Pope, there an Alnwick.

Trafford is in the second category based on what I've seen this seasonm

17 U21 caps, games at League 1 level, almost a full season experience in the PL, all by 21. 

Closer to Jak Alnwick than Pope. Really? :lol:

Seems closer to Pickford & Ramsdale.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

18 hours ago, JUICE690 said:

10:35 Is there a tiny face peeking out the top of Callum shorts? Or have these shrooms not fully worn off yet?

shin pads